The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I Wanna Go Fast!
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pops 02 has 168k on the ticker and ant tickin so good anymore. I think its is his hpop going south because it just seems to have no balls at all and doesnt smoke anymore. I know its not fuel filter (two weeks old). The truck over time has just slowly gotten to be a dog. He has a superchip and always leaves it on tow for work and used to be able to blow some smoke but now you can stand on it and dont smoke a lick. Also i know the gaskets on the up-pipes are leaking but they are not bad enough to make it as big a dog that it is. Also its not the ebpv so what you think. hpop or fuel system problems?
Thanks for the help.

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
Is is blowin blue smoke, I know you said that it wasn't blowing black. My fuel pump was messing up and it was blowing a little bit of blue smoke and acted like it was just really choked down and didnt have any power at all, and it finally died and wouldn't start back up. I'm sure someone will get on and tell you whats wrong with it. Thats just my :2cents

·
TDG Mafia Member #73
1,003 Posts
I would not look into the HPOP as the problem. It would throw codes for low ICP. First I would check for boost leaks all around the intake and intercooler tubes. Check the tube going to the MAP sensor for leaks. Remove the intake tube and look at the inside of the turbo. Look for and scuff marks where the wheel has hit the housing, then check the wheel for play. if it has in and out play, the turbo is gone. A little up and down is OK.
What oil does he run and how long between changes does he go? That is where I would start.

·
git-r-done
457 Posts
I would be curious as to some replies as well. My truck seems to have no top end at all. It will pull great until about 2500 and then falls on its face. It will not snoke at all and has a hypertech tuner ( soon to be gone ) and a 10k mod. Cant figure it out. :shrug:

·
I Wanna Go Fast!
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well correct me if im wrong but if it was a boost problem it would smoke more right. Not enough air as fuel. I know the up-pipes are leaking but they arnt that bad. Thanks for the replies.
oh rotella t 15-40 normally every 3-5k somewheres in there since it is a work truck.

·
TDG Mafia Member #73
1,003 Posts
Most times a boost leak will cause more smoke, but also a bad MAP sensor will not. At least my bad MAP did not smoke a lot and it had no power.

·
172 Posts
i think the up pipes could be doing more than you think to decrease power and mileage. the bellowed up pipes only run $3-400 i think

if your hpop was weak, it would probably in reality smoke more

in addition, make sure all your intercooler boots (all 6) are nice and snug. if they are excessively oily, you might try cleaning them.

·
I Wanna Go Fast!
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nhill2090 said:
i think the up pipes could be doing more than you think to decrease power and mileage. the bellowed up pipes only run $3-400 i think

if your hpop was weak, it would probably in reality smoke more

in addition, make sure all your intercooler boots (all 6) are nice and snug. if they are excessively oily, you might try cleaning them.
Are you really that dense if it was turbo it would smoke more!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts