The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who makes a good high performance vp44? how much more power will this add if i was runnin 150hp injectors and a single turbo to match?

·
3,514 Posts
since you have a drag comp already, you'll probably won't gain a whole lot up top. In my experience with a truck with 150hp injectors an industrial injection Hot rod 44 and a drag comp. We noticed about 100hp difference on stage 1 from the stock vp44 and roughly 30hp difference on stage 5. IMO its not worth it, unless you're stock vp is dead and you've got some extra money kickin around.
Sean

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was just corious, theres no way id spent $2000 for 30hp

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ya i wouldnt do it...I heard the stock vp well handle up to 600hp..but its not recommended to try to get that much out of it but what im trying to say is that it will handle a high hp daily driver fine

·
3,514 Posts
strokersmoker20 said:
Ya i wouldnt do it...I heard the stock vp well handle up to 600hp..but its not recommended to try to get that much out of it but what im trying to say is that it will handle a high hp daily driver fine
There are some guys pushing more than that with twins or nitrous. But I've heard twins and a stock vp and you are getting tapped out at around 670ish. Even a hotrod would be hard to get a solid 700hp on all fuel though. These pumps just really don't have the capability of flowing really high horse power numbers.
Sean

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for the info. I never would have thought 600+hp was capable from a stock vp.

·
706 Posts
A stock vp can make 640+ on diesel,and over 800hp with nitrous.

·
Registered
78 Posts
A HRVP and 150 HP injectors is capable of producing the same HP as a standard (-027) pump with 200HP injectors. The HRVP is a great pump for the HO folks who are looking for more HP than the HO (-028) pump will supply. It is also a great option for someone who has smaller than 150HP injectors, has a bad pump that needs replacing and wants more HP.

We took a truck with a HRVP, Mach 4's, drag comp, anda II sps66 and made 605 RWHP! As John mentioned above a standard VP can make over 800 RWHP when the engine is done right. Its just different ways to get similiar results.

Doug Smith

·
Registered
58 Posts
so what youre guys are saying is that the stock pump on a 24v will hold up to 300hp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts