The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you guys would like this one. Sunday we are coming back from Ocala, no big deal, tire blows. We change it, but can only get 2 lug nuts back on because the threads are so gulled up from rust. I limp home and all is well. Leave the boat in the driveway overnight, going to take it to a friends shop and repack the bearings, and put new studs on the one wheel.

Well, I hook back up last night, pull out of the driveway and look back. This is what I find. :haha

This trailer is only 4 years old, and is washed down every trip.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
Time to practice more of that TIG welding, Wayne.

Make you a stainless steel boat trailer LOL

Glad it didn't cause any worse problems. Finding that while you're sitting still makes you think about how much worse it could've been going down the road.

prt

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Just duck tape it back together.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
Dang LOL. You washing it with salt water :haha

·
2,821 Posts
And I thought that I was in the rust belt LOL Chris

·
4,827 Posts
What's the problem? It'll buff out. ;) :haha

·
Administrator
8,879 Posts
Dang man, that's ugly. Glad it happened in the drive and not on the Interstate somewhere.

·
3,754 Posts
Ouch thats bad.

·
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19
4,396 Posts
Typical case of welding on galvinized then not re dipping the part.

I would suggest you check the other weld points as well. Maybe a double axle replacement is in order.

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Typical case of welding on galvinized then not re dipping the part.

I would suggest you check the other weld points as well. Maybe a double axle replacement is in order.
The other axle is fine. Everything is back together, just waiting on a new master cylinder and a tire. Went with disk brakes this time around, also new springs on both axles, all new bolts. I will post pics up today.

·
1,836 Posts
Also happens when dipped axles are drilled for the wire inside the tube, some places will dip them with cans on the stubs.

keydl

·
2,126 Posts
HOLY CRAP I hate how saltwater (I'm guessing?) takes it toll on things!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts