The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so the hubs are now officialy junk on the truck:damnit . grabed ahold of the 4x4 shaft going into the hub and could wiggle it about 3/8 of an inch:woot: :damnit (Not so good) so what is a good price and where can i get these:shrug: ...and help fixing this prob!:sofa

·
Registered
204 Posts
The cheapest I found was $230 from Advance Auto Parts. That's what I am running on my truck now, and I have put aprox. 15,000 miles on it so far.

·
463 Posts
so what was bad the wheel bearing hub unit or the inner bearing

if you axle shaft has that much play it may be the inner bearing which is 7 bucks and you will probably need a new seal which depending if it is ABS or non abs is 30 or less.

if the inner bearing did go out since there is now way to grease it with out pulling the hub off you may also need a new stub shaft (127.00) when the bearing goes it will groove the stub shaft

new replacement hubs run 230-450

·
608 Posts
just save your self the time and money... go with the dynatrac kit... I didn't and ended up just parts on both sides, the whole works stub shafts and all right at $1600...

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah...um im not much of a mechanic, but im getting there...a little detail as to what these things are (location) would help bunches!!

·
608 Posts
go to dynatrac.com and take a look at their free spin kit. To my knowledge it is all bolt on. I knew nothing about the D60 axle until I tore into mine in the driveway with a friend and a book... they aren't that difficult. If you have any questions, keep them coming.

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha alright...how long can i drive like this? i have to get to school and work daily and this is my only mode of transportation so ill try and get it done this weekend if i can go that long, or sooner if need be?

ha, man now i feel really stupid. just went to the web site and got lost about what they are talkin about asap. what is the free spin kit? what dose it do/replace/fix?

·
608 Posts

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha well i guess i duno wtf to do about fixing it...the free spin kit would be the best way to go, but thats about 2,000 that i aint got to spend at the moment...but the hubs are cheaper...so any advice on what to do is apriciated!

·
strokin now cummin later!
1,116 Posts
i have replaced bout of mine. my truck doesn't have 80,000 miles on it yet. i guess to many 4hi launches i guess.... but i got mine at auto zone around 380 a piece. easy fix took me about 45min to do one.

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright, well ill check around for some prices...i got a buddy who works at NAPA so mayb some $$ discount who knows

but thanks to everyone who is helpin

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, i got the prices together, NAPA: $425 AutoZone: $415 so any other alternatives?????????

·
JUCK FEEP
367 Posts
My buddy that works at Payless 4x4 in Chico California says he puts Superwinch hubs on these trucks all the time. He runs them on his 02 F350 with no issues. 1-800-345-4294 ask for BOB

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #77
940 Posts

·
324 Posts
hubs

i have warn hubs on mine and it beats the hell out of the factory lock or auto option, easy install as well. now for the bearings i have a buddy of mine who works at a crane and rigging place and they have an account set up at ford where they acutally get about 40% off retail using their tax id number......just a thought

·
30 Posts
Just like Midwestoffroad said it sounds like you just need the inner spindle bearing. Bearing # B2110 it's a $7 part.

·
I refuse to grow up
29 Posts
i have the dynatrak kit, haven't put it on yet (arms not long enough)

one point, they told me i'd need to machine the insides of the front dually adapters slightly larger, their hubs are beefier. i got that covered when i do mine, but thought i'd mention it if anyone else gets the kit.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #77
940 Posts
85Hauler said:
Just like Midwestoffroad said it sounds like you just need the inner spindle bearing. Bearing # B2110 it's a $7 part.
Out of curiosity, do you have a picture of this part? And where does it go?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts