The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ford F-250 Stroker
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 7.3 and got a very large oil leak yesterday. i have traced it mostly back to behind the fuel filter down around the ipr valve. could it be a busted o-ring on the ipr? how do i go about removing the ipr? would a leak there cause me to constanly drip oil and it fill up the valley between my valve covers? is that a common leak? i really dont know much about the ipr, never needed to mess with it before. i really need some help with this. money is tight and i need my truck. is there anything else i need to check. thanks for any help!

·
391 Posts
I guess it is possible, but the IPR is not a common leak. It isn't hard to remove. It just unscrews. Just a little tricky to get to and get the wrench on. A more common cause of a large oil leak would be one of the high pressure oil lines near it.

·
Ford F-250 Stroker
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well with the truck running oil seems to be leaking out around the ipr so I'm going to take it off and see if I can find a solution.

·
BODEY
107 Posts
I guess it is possible, but the IPR is not a common leak. It isn't hard to remove. It just unscrews. Just a little tricky to get to and get the wrench on. A more common cause of a large oil leak would be one of the high pressure oil lines near it.
that sounds about right. i had a highpressure blow than i replaced the other one as well cause that was one hell of a mess on the side of the road. And it scares the sh#t out of ya. cause that big of mess has to be bad. LET US NO WHAT YOU FIND.

·
1,359 Posts
I am looking at a Van right now that needs either an IPR or IPR o rings. How hard is it to change in a van ?

·
147 Posts
I had the same problem with the valley filling with oil, it was an o-ring on one of the high pressure oil lines. common problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts