The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this up from my fab shop... hehehe Know what it is?

Let me know if anyone is interested... If I can get the cost down it might be doable...LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
a cost effective version of a deep pan???? IDK?
robert

·
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alldiesels said:
a cost effective version of a deep pan???? IDK?
robert

Deep pan yes... Cost effective... not so much for the first one...LOL

6 hours labor at $60 an hour... $360...LOL I could have bought two cast pans for that...:damnit:

·
1,726 Posts
Looks kinda cool.

What kind of filter do you have to use?

·
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stock filter will work fine, the aftermarket ones still use the stocker...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Umm, Joe, I hate to tell you this, but, you got robbed big time dude. That there pan is gonna leak real bad bubba. It don't have no bottum in it!!!:damnit :woot: :woot: :poke: :poke: :pointlaugh :pointlaugh LOL LOL

·
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
twildman said:
Umm, Joe, I hate to tell you this, but, you got robbed big time dude. That there pan is gonna leak real bad bubba. It don't have no bottum in it!!!:damnit :woot: :woot: :poke: :poke: :pointlaugh :pointlaugh LOL LOL

:pointlaugh :damnit: :thanks:

LOL He is welding a bung in the pan I gave him for my tranny temp port... That way I can finally get my tranny drive pressure gauge working...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Looks good!..how much more fluid will it hold?

·
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am guessing about 6 qts...

·
1,726 Posts
Joe you may want to look over the stock setup really close because if I remember right the pan acutally keeps the filter from falling out of the pump. Yes it fits quite tight into the seal but that is really just for sealing purposes and to hold it until instalation of the pan.

I worked for a tranny shop about 5 years ago. The owner of the shop was a real hard *** about things like this and it seems like this issue came up one time. I think we fixed it by epoxying a shim on the bottom of the filter so that with the new deep pan installed it would have the same effect on the filter.

Not trying to pick at your new invention, just dont want you to have problems.

I am sure RacerX will be on here shortly to give us his oppinion.

·
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I removed a oversized pan from Kyles truck when we were working on it, we replaced it with a 2wd pan and the filter was hitting the bottom. It was the stock 4wd pan. But I will welcome all coments

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
Get some gaskets and bolt that baby up, inquiring minds want to know!!! I think the fins in the cast pans make the most difference, as well as the extra fluid capacity.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts