1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
smokin duramax
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much can i do to a 12v with just an hx40

·
3,514 Posts
Which hx40? There are a couple of them. Now there are some many better turbos, that its really only worth running an hx40 if you get one dirt cheap and aren't looking for a lot of power. It will really only support up to around 375-450hp while still staying in its map. So, a plate, some injectors, timing and AFC mods, maybe some small dv's too. Just make sure you do the supporting trans and head mods. Also make sure you get the hx40 with the 60mm comp wheel or else its not going to do you much good. Years ago, we set up an 01 with a PDR hotrod 40, and that truck put down 468 at the wheels, and ran a 13.03 with that set up. It would get extremely hot though too.
Sean

·
smokin duramax
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well this is for my friends 12v iv been working on and he got this turbo for like 250 ( just temp. cuz he snapped the shaft in the hx 35) and i think its just the 57mm but not sure. do u think i could run 191 dvs , 5x.014 , no fuel plate, 4k , 20 gask , and studs ? I told him to get a s300 62/71/14 when he gets the funds tho. Also what kind of timing should i use with this set up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts