The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear a lot of talk about hybrid injectors and how versatile they are . I hear people say they can be tuned . Is this through like chip tuning or is this something that has to be done to the injector ? If this has to be done to the inj can a regular ol dumb***** like myself do it or do they have to be sent back in to the builder . The reason I am asking is I have stage II's and wasnt aware of the hp limitations when I bought them . I was planning on stepping up to the hybrids sometime in the next year .

·
608 Posts
It is an electronic adjustment in your tunes on your chip. Once the injectors are in they don't have to come back out. It has everything to do with how much fuel your particular tune asks for...

Reactions: Bruno2

·
6,337 Posts
Its all in the tuning... Have your stage 2's made into hybirds and away you go. You really would not need to change a thing to run hybrids, you could ajust the tunes to get more HP, but for the most part single shot tunes are single shot tunes...

·
2,509 Posts
the only issue you run into when tuneing down an injector is if you go to big with the nozzles. you can make an injector squirt less cc's with tuneing but you cant make them spray any finer.

·
1,921 Posts
The majority of the tuning is done with the chip. However your nozzle size has a bit to do with it as well. As Ross said you can throw a huge nozzle on it and it's going to always want to dump more fuel. So the first part in tuning is getting the right nozzle size for what you are looking for. If you go to small or stay with stock to really get the full use out of the hybrids you'll need to pull them to get larger nozzles.

·
Pulling Sled for hire
174 Posts
You can de-tune pretty much any set of injectors if you want. The smaller hybrids (200-250cc) seem to work well though for trying to make low hp numbers on one setting, and high on another. There's a lot of range in them.
My '97 with the setup in my sig does around 375hp with stock programming, so it's not just having a stock setting on your chip. You've actually got to de-tune them. My stock setting now does around 225 hp.

Justin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts