The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need price on Hypermax Head Gasket and Hypermax Head Studs for my 99.5 7.3L Powerstroke.:Thumbup:

:thanks:

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody able to get these?

·
6,337 Posts
Just get some ARP's studs and use stock gaskets, unless your planing on above 60# boost...

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Hypermax does not make studs for the 7.3L, you will need to use the ARP kit. Also, if you do the Hypermax gasket with rings you have to machine your heads. They are capable of with standing up to 60 PSI of boost and 500 rwhp.

I can get you the ARP studs kit and Hypermax gasket.

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does anybody else make a performance head gasket for the 7.3L? one that doesnt require machinging of the heads?

·
6,337 Posts
You dont need anything other then a stock head gasket unless you are over 50#'s or so... Most hold to 60 or so...

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok but does anyone make one?

·
1,726 Posts
Cometic does but The block and head surfaces must be extremely flat for them to work. Most of the time you will need to have both surfaced before you can use them. Luke told me he was done screwing around with the Cometics because he has had more trouble with them than stock gaskets. And yes he had the block and heads surfaced to use the Cometic gaskets.

Just a FYI you can put studs in without changing gaskets if you want. That's what I did. Some think it's better than putting new stock gaskets in because the gaskets have been in there a while and are seated well and seem to hold better than brand new stock gaskets. I don't know if that is true but :shrug:

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so can i have prices on stock gaskets and arp's?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts