The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran hypertec adjust. on the fly module for 2 years,just got the SCT from dj's,it's like nite and day.hypertec would defuel WOT 1-2,2-3,3-4 lost a couple of races that way.I tried the preloaded street tune w/sct,HOLY$#@& can't wait for vivian to send me the looney files!! I want them all:sly:HERE RICER RICER RICER THE FORDS IN THE MOOD FOR SOME ASIAN:splat

·
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just recieved custom tune from vivian, but I've got to hold off a couple of days calling for snow,sleet, and rain here in PA. I sure could use more info on X-cal 3, on custom tunes do I want to control my parimeters such as converter loc up, and what does TC loc up do? will tow W/jake help me slow down W 7000# camper? will it cause damage in the long run to any parts? When towing 7000# camper use tow files but what about 3000# boat can I tow in higher settings?

·
323 Posts
Hypertech

I have no doubt you have a faster and more powerful vehicle. but what are the costs? First, Hepertech allows you to tow up to 10,000lbs and still remain in stage three. It also have a built in de-fuel at high EGT's. You may have lost a race but you still have a truck. I am not saying anything bad about SCT as the matter of fact if I were running a race truck it would be my choice. But i am not. And like a lot of other people i use my truck for work and play. I need a chip that carresses the power parameter not shocks the h**l out of it. I like mine because of the adjustability on the fly. I have a proven dyno with 356hp and almost 650ftlb. intake/chip only no exhaust or other mods. YET:sly: TC lockup is when there is a 1:1 ratio between your engine and tranny. This is a very stout feeling in the powerband. If you have a Torqueshift Tranny you can induce lockup with the tow/haul feature. Very similar to a Jake brake but it is built in. Now lets get out there and beat on some imports!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts