The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this programmer...they are claiming 174 out of it but I just don't see that with a programmer with the vp. I have a buddy asking me about it and I don't know what to tell him.

·
4,158 Posts
I don't know it's hard to say. Because Hypertech has always be the kind of compnay like Banks, advertised a lot but never had a programmer that made much hp. So i really can't say if i belive they can get that power out of a VP unless i see a dyno sheet, or hear it from word of mouth.

·
Registered
86 Posts
just save the money for the smarty...honectly the best way to go.... ive have the hypertech and the superchips!! dont bother!!! get the smarty

·
Registered
84 Posts
How does a smarty run on a stock truck?Power, Acceleration, Smoke, EGT's:thanks:

·
Registered
86 Posts
on a stock truck your egts will be very high, and definitly some parts to get more fuel... but on the lower stages of it you will be ok... look into the bypass pumps from fass or airdog

·
4,158 Posts
Should do pretty good on a stock truck doesn't add enought power really to hurt the trans much, or have the EGT's too crazy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts