The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a quick question for you all.

I know a guy who has a used hypertech programmer, that he wants $50 for.

The Programmer works, etc on his truck.

I read the .pdf on the hypertech site here> http://www.hypertech-inc.com/get_installinstruction.php?iid=44

From what I read, I can take this person's programmer and use it on my truck, but the warranty would be voided on the programmer. Is this correct?

Or, am I reading it wrong, and the programmer will not work at all?

I am not looking to use the power adder, I want it as a cheap way to have a Code Reader, and maybe to firm up my 4r100's shifting for towing.

Thank You in Advance, Brian

·
6,337 Posts
It will work just fine, so long as he took his back to stock... Who cares about the warranty on a $50 programmer???

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont, i was just making sure i wasnt going to blow my $50 on basically a dead box.

By the way, I plan to ask for gauges for christmas(heh), I know you are the gauge king, what would you recommend for ease of installation, and most reliable for the cost? I am looking for pre and post turbo pyro, boost, and trans. temp

Thanks CSI

Take Care

·
6,337 Posts
All the brands are good, but Isspros Costumer service is second to none as far as any issues... They have pyros geared for pre and post turbo readings, lots of styles and a new gauge line coming out soon. That being said I had no issues with Autometer...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate it CSI.

To put it lightly, I cannot wait:)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i bought the programmer today, $50.

It doesnt work on my truck, a 99.5 because the programmer is a 2000 programmer.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, the part # i have is 41001, which apparently is '00 f-series super duty 7.3L /exscursion only. All other ones are for 99-00 and 01-03, figures...

I am getting an "error 6" (not 6D) after it reads the PCM and it tells me to call hypertech.(Which i did, NO HELP) The website also does not mention anything about an error 6, nor does the website. Did I blow $50? Or is there a way around this?

If anyone has a 99/00 programmer, but has an 00' truck, i'd trade programmers with you. Or should i Just list the bugger on ebay and put the money towards something else?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is there a reason you want a code reader? Are you having other problems, or is it just to have. If I were you I would sell the programmer, and upgrade the exhaust, intake, gauges, and then go and talk to Jody at DP tuner for a chip or SCT. Just my 2 cents. Good luck

·
156 Posts
~CrazyDiesel~ said:
Ok, the part # i have is 41001, which apparently is '00 f-series super duty 7.3L /exscursion only. All other ones are for 99-00 and 01-03, figures...

I am getting an "error 6" (not 6D) after it reads the PCM and it tells me to call hypertech.(Which i did, NO HELP) The website also does not mention anything about an error 6, nor does the website. Did I blow $50? Or is there a way around this?

If anyone has a 99/00 programmer, but has an 00' truck, i'd trade programmers with you. Or should i Just list the bugger on ebay and put the money towards something else?
I have a 99' hypertech programmer, but it doesn't read codes. I don't think any of them do in the 99' version. If u want it I'll sell to you. It has descent power, nothing seat of your pants feeling but does firms up the shifting. Just thought I'd put it out there.:Thumbup:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sold the daggumbed thing, and it only sold for $100 on ebay with one bid, oh well, that's $50 more than I had in it... sigh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts