The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have this surging going on at cruising speed on the HWY. Its on and off, not a constant surge. If i give it some load for a sec it goes away, but as i continue cruising it comes back.

Any idea of what going on?

·
567 Posts
I know the smartys used to do that, also when my buddy had big inj his did that too......he had to hold his foot on the pedal just a little, but only on cruise control

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i just took the smarty out and went for a spin, didnt stutter like it did earlier, but then again, its on and off so maybe it just wasnt acting up this time. i just put the smarty back in and im going to go drive it again to see whats up.

·
Registered
964 Posts
It's the fuel delivery my 12v did that big DV's It's to much for the cruise to control!.... little pedal = alot of power!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
still no stutter with the smarty either....i dont know.. when i said cruising, i meant holding the throttle position and speed, not the actual cruise control..sorry

·
113 Posts
i have seen that in 12 valves autos when they get the govern spring to tight. you are either on the gas or off. cursing = bucking/ surging. there is no in between. im sure that you have the wild torque management program. i would try a mild torque management program an see if that helps. i know you dont want to go backwards in power but it might help until you further diagnose the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts