The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PSD addict!
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
as I said, I've done the basics, but I want more power!!! I've got a Tony Wildman 4pos chip, 4" turbo back, and an intake. Whats next? Is the return fuel system setup worth it? Would I notice a difference? I know being an early 99 my turbo is a little smaller and my injectors flow a little less, but I was hoping there may be other ways to get more power out of it besides injectors or a bigger turbo. I don't really have thousands of dollars to spend on a turbo/injectors anyway. Open to any suggestions!

Thanks
Jason

·
6,337 Posts
Here is a bunch of little things that help... Zoodad mod, Intank and pre pump mods, CCV mod, if you want to, delete the EBPV (i use mine for an exhaust brake), your going to need a MAP regulator from ITP. You could throw some Water/Meth injection or Nitrous at her... A trans Valve body and or TC... A TC lock up switch or kit...

·
PSD addict!
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I didn't mention I did the zoodad thing, I have a factory tech vavle body in the tranny, and I did the crank case vent mod on a friend's truck and it blew oil everywhere!!?? Does the EPV thing make much of a differnce? How much of a job is it to convert it to an exhaust brake? I'm looking into the map fooler. Thanks for the suggestions! What are the intank and pre pump mods?

Jason

·
6,337 Posts
I have done the CCV mod on a few trucks and never had an issue... Wife did hers on the X...

In tank mods...

http://www.itpdiesel.com/store.php?crn=175&rn=407&action=show_detail

You can do it cheap but this kit is the ticket!

The pre pump mod is to eliminate the quick connect fitting before the pump, look at the fuel pump on the drivers frame rail. It has a quick connect fitting and about 10" of hose to a hard line. Those quick connect fittings are designed for pressure applications. If you add them to a vacuum area they suck air in... Air is bad, fuel is good! Replace that section with some hose and a few clamps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Diy injectors. Cheap way to get more power and very easy to do!

·
STROKIN' IT
287 Posts
jmorton said:
Diy injectors. Cheap way to get more power and very easy to do!

im probably being extremely dumb.... what is this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
DIY-injectors.com
A company that sells a kit with everything needed to recalibrate your stock injectors to flow a higher rate of fuel. Not a difficult process at all to do and a LOT less expensive than buying injectors already modified. I posted a link to the article. Read it and see what you think!

·
PSD addict!
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The crank case vent hose was ran downward and zip tied to a frame member, after a few days the whole underside of the truck was oily... I'm going to look into the DIY injectors for sure. Also the pre pump quick connect delete.

Thanks for all the imput!

Jason

·
6,337 Posts
JD99PSD said:
The crank case vent hose was ran downward and zip tied to a frame member, after a few days the whole underside of the truck was oily... I'm going to look into the DIY injectors for sure. Also the pre pump quick connect delete.

Thanks for all the imput!

Jason

Did you run it over the brake booster? that keeps 90% of the oil running back into the valve cover...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts