The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend, as I was pulling out of the Fred Meyer parking lot, I noticed a white dodge in my rearview. So I pull out into the two lane highway, and go about my way. I look back again and hes still right there, and whats best is he keeps slowing way down dropping to about 100 yds, and then flying up and getting right behind me, over and over, each time leaving a black cloud of smoke as he flies up on my rear. I'm thinking he's either taken offense to the stacks, or the edge sticker, or he just hates Fords.

So we go all the way through town like that, weaving in and out of both lanes through traffic, and right as we hit the edge of town, finally get ahead of the pack. I of course, punch it (because you miss 100% of the shots you dont take, right?:shootself: )

And sure enough, at about 75, it goes by, both of the guys in the window are doing their best gangster mean-mug and I'm laughing, and then they keep going by. At that point I cut my losses and dropped back to the "not getting pulled over speed" And what does he do? He turns around and goes back into town.:pointlaugh

I hate dodges, and I need injectors. I'm coming for you buddy. Someday.

·
Cummins Man
980 Posts
Oh you shouldnt hate Dodges, there are people like that driving every brand. I had a 6.4 mess with me the other day. It didnt run like I thought it would, I figured he would hang with me a little bit better on the highway.

Andy

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate them because they come stock with a cummins, and anyone with a screw driver and a grinder can make it a killer for 50 bucks that would cost me 9 grand to run with.

Much love to all of the big 3 diesels.

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
COol story.. Ive had that happen to me.. But another dodge was messing with me.. :damnit: Hey finally a story where the ford drive doesnt win.. and make up some crazy story.! Congats..

Its ok .. if a fellow brand driver stack you.. dodge vs dodge.. Is ok because more then likely your gonig to pull over and Bs for hours on end :Thumbup: Now if a dodge stacked a Ford .. no... thats not cool then you have get him back.. LOL That game can turn ugly..

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
ckbed said:
I hate them because they come stock with a cummins, and anyone with a screw driver and a grinder can make it a killer for 50 bucks that would cost me 9 grand to run with.

Much love to all of the big 3 diesels.

Not really. There is a modded out 12V in town. Injectors, cam, pump turned up and water meth / nos.

My buddies 97 can keep up with him with everything and water meth. With nitrous he pulls him a little.

My buddy has AD super duty injectors (my old ones), a Dp Tuner chip, and a custom GT37 turbo setup.

I can destroy the Dodge too, and neither one of use have 9 grand in add ons.

You have to be willing to learn, get your hands dirty, and do it yourself. Just like the Dodge guys do.

A "turned up" 12V is nothing spectacular. W/out injectors, turbo, and cam they're about 300hp I do believe. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
LocoMotion said:
Not really. There is a modded out 12V in town. Injectors, cam, pump turned up and water meth / nos.

My buddies 97 can keep up with him with everything and water meth. With nitrous he pulls him a little.

My buddy has AD super duty injectors (my old ones), a Dp Tuner chip, and a custom GT37 turbo setup.

I can destroy the Dodge too, and neither one of use have 9 grand in add ons.

You have to be willing to learn, get your hands dirty, and do it yourself. Just like the Dodge guys do.

A "turned up" 12V is nothing spectacular. W/out injectors, turbo, and cam they're about 300hp I do believe. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes and no... Ive asked arround what Hp im at with injectors, DV's and a Fuel plate and everone is telling me arround 360-380hp With out timing and a trubo comming up from 160hp stock! Cams are good But they dont make that big of a diffrence.. They just make the 12v's lope like the 24v's but there is some power added.. Bouncer (bill) was running the same set up as me.. ( I just dont have timing )and he was at 405.x hp and 9XX torque.. Now with the trubo hes at 475hp.. mector ( mikey) is at 500+ hp ... with turbo injectors, timing, DV's no drugs running a 7.xx in the 1/8 mile.. :shrug:

·
Cummins Man
980 Posts
It also depends on who is doing the wrenching on any truck. Just because you read it on the computer dont make it easy. There is tuning you have to do with the pump to get the most out of them. It also depends on the year of the 12v and the pump it is running.

Andy

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
To add on to that.. If you have flow work done to the pump.. If you have a good tranny/ clutch to bring that power to the ground.. mike has a 97.. whitch stock comes with 180 hp.. But then again mike also made his own DV's... And sliding the fuel plate all the way foward doesnt always mean " most power" You have to mess with it..

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
blackcloudCTD95 said:
Yes and no... Ive asked arround what Hp im at with injectors, DV's and a Fuel plate and everone is telling me arround 360-380hp With out timing and a trubo comming up from 160hp stock! Cams are good But they dont make that big of a diffrence.. They just make the 12v's lope like the 24v's but there is some power added.. Bouncer (bill) was running the same set up as me.. ( I just dont have timing )and he was at 405.x hp and 9XX torque.. Now with the trubo hes at 475hp.. mector ( mikey) is at 500+ hp ... with turbo injectors, timing, DV's no drugs running a 7.xx in the 1/8 mile.. :shrug:

I said without injectors.

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
LocoMotion said:
I said without injectors.

No fuel mods.. Lets just say...... it wont move out of the way of its own shadow.. :roflmao: :roflmao::pointlaugh

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was exagerrating for the most part, but I could buy 1 injector, for the price of a set for a 12v.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
ckbed said:
I was exagerrating for the most part, but I could buy 1 injector, for the price of a set for a 12v.

My injectors cost me less than a set for Cummins..... :ford

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
duke1n said:
LOL RobGreg. Are you coming to Truckfest? I won't have the NX kit even hooked up yet. All diesel lil VP truck wants YOU LMAO

VP truck, truckfest, all diesels what?

Are you retarded?

Talk plain english boy

Are you callin me out?

Yes I will be there :ford

·
Singles Club Member #34
363 Posts
**** here we go again LOL :popcorn:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts