The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question for jody i have a 02 dually 7.3 6speed several mods next few weeks when they *** out im gettin a tn BB turbo and spearco intercooler then to the fuel system my trailer that i usually pull is probley 10 to 12 tons loaded on 40 tow i dont usually have a egt problem if i keep a eye on it with the turbo and intercooler would i see a egt problem with swamps 250/173 single shots could he tune them down enuff to take care of my problems i live in morristown so u know the kinda of pullin i do show in nc alot waynesville , ashville, pull black mountain everynow and then just lookin for sum input be4 i do anything i might have to go with like 180 single shots

·
6,337 Posts
Keep in mind you have PMR rods... The 250/173's scare me a bit... I would stick with a 180 single IMHO...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CSIPSD said:
Keep in mind you have PMR rods... The 250/173's scare me a bit... I would stick with a 180 single IMHO...
ok another question would i be better off gettin BB and IC then goin with rods, studs, then go with bigger sticks

·
6,337 Posts
What do you want to do with her (the truck)? I would go with a set of stage 2 injectors, TN BB turbo and a IC... This set up is safe for the rods and heads and should put you right at 400hp

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
If you want to build it right look at shelling out about 10,000 by the time you get done. If you want to just throw a set of stock rods in there you could probably save some change but you still have stock forged rods........

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
CSIPSD said:
What do you want to do with her (the truck)? I would go with a set of stage 2 injectors, TN BB turbo and a IC... This set up is safe for the rods and heads and should put you right at 400hp

I agree except I would go with stage 1's (stock nozzle) and big oil.

Stage 2's dump a lot of fuel sooner than stock nozzle and that equates to higher cp's and punishment for the rods.

The setup I'm running should be close to 400 and is working safely so far. Joe's injectors are doing good in his so far as well.

There's more than one way to skin a cat. I just like to keep the nozzle size small or stock just to be conservative.
My truck runs awesome right now, regardless of what number I'm at.
Heck if I'm only at 350 at least I'm not taking a chance on blowing a PMR.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what im looking for is just a safe nice dependable 375 to 400 hp truck nothing more just want to know if i hook to sumthin and want to run across the country i will have no problems beside minor thing u know what i mean

·
6,337 Posts
A TN BB turbo and a set of stage two injectors will put you there, you can also get a Dual HPOP system and add to that.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I'd be careful about Stage 2's + oil.....

JMO. I'd either pick Stage 1's + Oil, or Stage 2's on stock HPOP.

·
6,337 Posts
LocoMotion said:
I'd be careful about Stage 2's + oil.....

JMO. I'd either pick Stage 1's + Oil, or Stage 2's on stock HPOP.
Why's that? with stage 2's you get the fuel potental and with the duals you get the driveablity... Best of both worlds... With stage 1's and duals your working it to hit 400, with stage 2's and oil you can be on a nice power tune and be at 400... You are far to afraid of the PMR's... Good tuning and your good to 430-450... 400 all day long...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CSIPSD said:
Why's that? with stage 2's you get the fuel potental and with the duals you get the driveablity... Best of both worlds... With stage 1's and duals your working it to hit 400, with stage 2's and oil you can be on a nice power tune and be at 400... You are far to afraid of the PMR's... Good tuning and your good to 430-450... 400 all day long...
U get my vote hell its just money ant no sense in wasting it but it ant worth a damn if u dont take the chances

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Really?

Mad Matt broke at 412 dyno'd.
He says he was higher than that because he made more boost on the street but....

OTOH you have Kainers with his hyrbids, running 13's, probably at least435-450 and still crackin.

Maybe I am too afraid, maybe not. Expensive gamble though.....

I'm curious to see where I'm dynoing right now bec with 180's and the stock nozzle I still have way more fuel than the stock turbo can handle. It doesn't clean up with the 30lb boost gauge pegged....

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
how much you make'n.You guys with 2's will be surprised what you are on the dyno.Maybe closer to 360 or LESS LOL LOL LOL

If you want reliability and still have power what are those stock single shots AC I think and some oil and a turbo tranny or clutch to hold.

DON"T DO ANYMORE.Cause you are wasting money.I have purchased 3 different sets of inj's at what 2400 a pop Average.Last set cost me a bit too much cause of some BS.

Turbo.BB surges with inj's at high altitudes.I have learned that joe has learned that and probably countless others.Along with oil leaks.Turbonetics I can't comment on.The QSSB is a great turbo but at what cost.Basically you want something you can rebuild and performs decently.

I say all this cause it will save you a butt load of money.Unless you like tearing your truck apart every weekend or breaking down on the side of the road.I seen a reg long bed dodge on a dealer lot today

Mike

·
Registered
222 Posts
Here comes the luke comment. Didn't luke do over 400hp with 2's stock oil, stock turbo and stock fuel?? With OBS LIVE tuning of course.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Yes he did. Beans stage 2's (160cc), superduty HPOP, and stock turbo IIRC.

Luke?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts