The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's what I got... 02 7.3 ccsb 4x4 on 38's... Its got a 4" mbrp turbo back and an afe I intake... other than that its bone stock...

I planning on installing the dp tuner and a tranny kit...

?????????
1.....What are some good mods to do to the 7.3L that should be done and aren't really that expensive? I have read alot of mods u guys do on here but they're always in the form of abbreviations.. like ccv... what the hell does that mean..

2...... What esle do i need to do to beat up on a stock 4.6 mustang?

·
Registered
12 Posts
what year stang??€

what gears yourunning? locked? i suggest 35 in tires and assume you have an automatic?

·
8,265 Posts
CCV...crank case vent. If you look on the drivers side valve cover...there is a hose coming off of it back into the intake tract. What is happening is the intact is drawing crank case fumes back into the motor. The only real harm is that the fumes are oily and the CAC tube boots get oily...and clamps start to slip off. Instead of the fumes going back into the intact...you turn the "thing" on the valve cover 180*...and attach some 3/4" heater hose and run it back to the end of the truck. This works fine...unless the hose gets plugged with ice...then things get messy real fast. :damnit:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CCV...crank case vent. If you look on the drivers side valve cover...there is a hose coming off of it back into the intake tract. What is happening is the intact is drawing crank case fumes back into the motor. The only real harm is that the fumes are oily and the CAC tube boots get oily...and clamps start to slip off. Instead of the fumes going back into the intact...you turn the "thing" on the valve cover 180*...and attach some 3/4" heater hose and run it back to the end of the truck. This works fine...unless the hose gets plugged with ice...then things get messy real fast. :damnit:
thanks for the info I'll look into that... got any other ideas i should be doing? you can be vague and I'll do my own homework... Just dont want you to have to right a book on a saturday night....:happymugs

·
8,265 Posts
There are plenty of mods to do to a 7.3L that help with longevity (pre-pump) and mods that make life easier (in-tank or 'poon mod) but none that really help with performance other than what you have already done.

·
Registered
12 Posts
02.....is it a stick or auto?

what are you turning right now....from what you have listed i would guess mid to high 14's with 35 in tires and the tuner/tranny combo with that huge *** lift...and 410 gears...if the guy cant drive you would have a chance.

·
1,423 Posts
:popcorn

:usflag

·
1,423 Posts
Look at my sig , this is what you need to do to make a 12;89 sec at 105 mph 7.3 on 38" no drugs just #2 ,If you need help I will help I will hook you up and I only do Quality work on high end trucks ! God bless us all ,Ron

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah he's not racer just a **** talker... Its a stick... I used to have a trans am that made 559rwhp... But i got rid of it and I've been talking about building another car but haven't found the time to start a new project.. so now I dont have anything real fast he think he's stang is bad ***..

So I want to show how slow it really is.... Im guessing it will prolly run mid to low 14's...

·
1,423 Posts
Send me your IDM and I will give you some throttle response. in tank mod and reg return fuel mod and it will wake it up I swear by it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look at my sig , this is what you need to do to make a 12;89 sec at 105 mph 7.3 on 38" no drugs just #2 ,If you need help I will help I will hook you up and I only do Quality work on high end trucks ! God bless us all ,Ron

That pretty impressive..... Im not really tryin to get real deep in the truck I really dont wanna do motor work or swap the turbo... Hopefully i can get it done with the programmer... Will I make much power doing that the intercooler swap...?

·
Registered
12 Posts
the best i think you can do is mid 14. likely 15's with that big mother but i have been wrong before.

that stang can pull low 14 with an idiot driving it, 13's with a good driver and decent tires.

o its not lookin too good really.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the best i think you can do is mid 14. likely 15's with that big mother but i have been wrong before.

that stang can pull low 14 with an idiot driving it, 13's with a good driver and decent tires.

my buddy has a 6.0 ccsb on 37's with 4" turbo back afe intake and a bullydog.. What do you think that will run...? I kinda wanna run him too...lol..

·
Registered
12 Posts
hard to say. pretty varied times at the places i go, milan, ubly ect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just raise it up a bit more, but some bigger tires on it and RUN HIM OVER! Ok, maybe not the best of ideas... But it would sure be funny and it'd teach him not to talk big, eh? Heh heh! Good luck man.

·
2,106 Posts

There is no freakin way dude!!!!!!! 7.3 truck with tuner only aint touchin 14s even close. You must be think 6.0 trucks dude. He'll run high 15's. That mustang is gonna run mid 14's. My buddy with an 03 that only has underdrive pullys runs 14.2's. Although there was a guy with a mach1 that was only gettin 14.48
I think sticks are gonna be needed for a 7.3 truck to beat a stock GT, unless the guy can't drive for :fan.
BTW, my buddy with the GT missed second twice on a 14.45 run, he is still gettin used to his short throw shifter.

·
TwinStacks
184 Posts
There is no freakin way dude!!!!!!! 7.3 truck with tuner only aint touchin 14s even close. You must be think 6.0 trucks dude. He'll run high 15's. That mustang is gonna run mid 14's.I think sticks are gonna be needed for a 7.3 truck to beat a stock GT, unless the guy can't drive for :fan.
:stupid

·
Registered
36 Posts
there is no way that 7.3 will touch that stang. Im bettin low 16's for the 7.3 and a good driver could easily pull high 13's in the stang.

·
Registered
51 Posts
14s arent that hard to hit in a 7.3

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.