The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one enlighten me about this engine? Who makes it, what are some of the specs, and what kind of power does it put out. I take it is going to have a lot of electronics on it. SO conversions will not be affordable for quite a while.

·
2,612 Posts
Ford makes it, It will go into the F-150s. I will see if i can find the info about it

·
2,612 Posts

·
Dents..it's a work truck.
136 Posts
are they still planning on putting it in the F-150???

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am hoping this engine might be a cood donor for other trucks I plan to biuld in the future. Thanks for the links.

·
2,126 Posts
Is it for sure going to be built?

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
No.

If you search Yahoo finance or any other financial site, you will see that Ford announced that they have (again) delayed the 4.4L in the LD F-series.

Why? With diesel selling at a PREMIUM over gasoline, and the new 3.5L EcoBoost returning nearly the same fuel efficiency as the 4.4L diesel, it doesn't make financial sense to offer both. Being that the EcoBoost is "done" and the 4.4L is not yet certified, it's thumbs down for the diesel.

·
2,126 Posts
It's going to suck because I'm pretty sure Chevy already has their's designed.

·
74 Posts
It will be a cummins v8. I believe the displacement will be 5.0 liters.

·
307 Posts
It's going to suck because I'm pretty sure Chevy already has their's designed.
Ford's is already done also. Like stated above the Ecoboost motors are delivering the same power without the Huge diesel mark-up, EASY to meet emmision standards and less fuel cost. What more can you ask for?

Dodge won't be around by the time they get a 1/2 ton diesel. I wonder what will happen with the Nissan Titan since it was slated to be a rebadged Dodge?

·
74 Posts
Nissan announced on Dec 12 that the Titan is probably getting the axe, along with the Armada and its Infiniti counterpart.

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
Dodge was going to use the MB V-6, then the last I heard was the Cummins V-6.

Cummins has V6 and V-8 engines mostly ready for 2010 and if the economy ever straightens out, they will find a partner.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
If Chevy will make one then you can count on Ford producing LD Trucks too. I havnt heard much about the Dodge trucks yet.

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
The Ford 4.4L diesel was made by land rover I think. The Dodge is a 5.0L cummins v8. And the GM is a 4.5L durmax with inverted breathing, i.e. the ehxaust manifolds are cast into the head and the exhaust sits in the engine valley and there are no up pipes it just exits directly into the turbo and the intake is cast into the valve covers and sit where the traditional engine style exhaust manifolds would sit.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Agreed, If only they were as simple as they used to make them. But still made the massive power that they do now. And all this DPF/CAT stuff is due to the global warming junk. :mad:

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
I love global warming, I mean thank God for it. I have winters here in Houston going from 80-90* in Dec to snowing now. I mean makes sence right, global warming is making it freeze where it never did before. Kinda like Greenland is all ice and frozen tundra and Iceland is like a giant forest makes perfect sence :rolleyes:.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts