The Diesel Garage banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I want one for the wife

·
2,126 Posts
As of now I think Chevy is the only one who has confirmed their half ton will get a diesel.

·
163 Posts
i'm wanting to say that ford started manufacturing these motors over a year ago somewhere in the UK. If that is correct, there are going to be A LOT of these motors sitting in storage somewheres. Wanting to say that I read it in a Diesel World magazine article in the beginning "short clip" section of the magazine.

·
Hadley Coal Roller
819 Posts
okay this is just a question ive been ponderng on. why a v8 in the smaller trucks but a v6 in the heavy dutys? for cummins that is.

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
okay this is just a question ive been ponderng on. why a v8 in the smaller trucks but a v6 in the heavy dutys? for cummins that is.
Its a inline 6, and I guess they didnt want another I6 competeing with them self. And from what I gather the f150 is getting an ecoboost turbocharged direct injected v6 and may not get the 4.4 diesel at all or atleast not for a while.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
It would most likely need modifications, and being that we have yet to see the motor in an 150, its hard to tell.

·
2,710 Posts
It sounded as tho GM was axing the idea of the 1/2ton Diesel. . .

Mikey

41 - 49 of 49 Posts