The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't care what those Ford boys say, this is one sexy, reliable, powerhouse, of a machine. Well done Government Motors. Built by Americans not the hired help.

DSC01751.JPG

DSC01753.JPG

DSC01752.JPG

·
4,090 Posts
Taken from the TDG Rules

*Dont be an idiot, if you act like an azz in your posts, dont cry when you get banned.

*You may not post inflamatory comments
, foul language, links to any lewd or offensive material, or any lewd or offensive material (including pictures) of any kind. It will not fly here, so dont try it.

*Keep posts on topic, derailing or hijacking is not allowed, if you cant add to the discussion, dont post. If you wonder whether or not people will care about what it is that you are about to post, chances are that they wont.

*Do not post aimlessly. Nobody will think you have any more credibility if you have 6million posts in the off topic forums.

*DO NOT BRAND-BASH, BASH A VENDOR, ATTACK A MEMBER OR A MEMBER'S FAMILY, CHEERLEAD FOR A VENDOR OR PRODUCT, OR THREATEN ANOTHER MEMBER..... None of that foolishness will fly here, and it will not be tolerated. Trolls are not welcome here.
Emphasis mine.

First post removed. Title updated.

prt

·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Mr. Moderator, I posted a pro GM post in the GM section. For the Ford boys who keep referring to my truck as Government Motors, like that makes it less of a truck to makes them feel better, is very offensive to me, so ban them. I don't see a blank thing said about that. I was only giving them a taste of how shallow and offensive a remark that is. So, every time I here Government Motors, according to your rules is grounds for being banned, being it's belittling and offensive to all the GM guys on your Ford forum. I say leave the politics out of it. I can't help it they got there blank kicked and they can't take it. So, on that note I do love my truck!

·
1,415 Posts
:popcorn

·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I don't mean to sound so negative, but enough already.

·
4,090 Posts
Mr. Moderator, I posted a pro GM post in the GM section. For the Ford boys who keep referring to my truck as Government Motors, like that makes it less of a truck to makes them feel better, is very offensive to me, so ban them. I don't see a blank thing said about that. I was only giving them a taste of how shallow and offensive a remark that is. So, every time I here Government Motors, according to your rules is grounds for being banned, being it's belittling and offensive to all the GM guys on your Ford forum. I say leave the politics out of it. I can't help it they got there blank kicked and they can't take it. So, on that note I do love my truck!

There's a quantum leap between Confucius' saying, "Do not do to others what you would not like them to do to you" and that of Christ when He states, "Do to others as you would have them do to you" but you seem to have missed both points there.

If you have an issue with posts, them deal with them in a responsible manner.

I would have removed the post about GM, Dodge, CAT, IH, or any others if it had caught my attention or been reported as inappropriate.

BTW, nice truck. Our company (I'm the Purchasing guy and the Transportation Mgr) has one with a service body on it that works daily. I'm very impressed with it so far.

prt

·
*^%$#@&am p;am p;am p;am p;am
1,327 Posts
i am a long time member the diesel garage i was with in the first 100 members or so.:peelout

just some freindly advice dont muck rack or be a troll :gaah

this place was never designed to be a place of warring diesel brands but a place for a common goal ALL THINGS DIESEL!:hump

i have learnt so much from this site but i seldom bother coming here anymore:eek:

this trolling and baiting has to stop (its not the dieselstop):thumbdown

i would probaly buy a chev for my next truck but not becauce people were cheerleaders for chev:goodvsevil

just my 2cents worth:bubba

·
1,606 Posts
I gotta agree with Dave, I've been coming here less lately. It seems everyone is just arguing anymore. I have been guilty of stirring the GM vs. Ford pot myself, so I'm not pointing any fingers.

To the OP, nice truck and trailer! Carry on!:happymugs

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
If i had the money i would buy an LML and a 6.7PS and 6.7Cummins, why?? because they're all nice rigs in their own way

Reactions: southern-stroke

·
3,533 Posts
I have an LMM and it is great, I am retired so this will be my last new vehicle.
As far as Bashing FORD, I thought the threads when they first came out were over the top, and a continuous sales pitch. I have read everything I can on the new engines, and they look great. When they got beat the whining is ferocious.
I also if I win the lottery would buy one of each, but wait for 2012.

·
Hacky!
1,197 Posts
I don't care what those Ford boys say, this is one sexy, reliable, powerhouse, of a machine. Well done Government Motors. Built by Americans not the hired help.

View attachment 27924

View attachment 27925

View attachment 27926
I have to make one factual statement. I don't care what anyone drives. But as you so stated earlier that Ford is built in Mexico, so will it be for GM. You can dig the info yourself, they are building a manufacturing plant in Mexico to build GM autos. You are also funded by China, who pay the Americans to build it. If you are willing to brag, brag away, but you better be able to take the heat that comes with it. Hope you like the taste of crow.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/103400/20110121/gm-mexico.htm

·
Duramax/Allison
375 Posts
I have to make one factual statement. I don't care what anyone drives. But as you so stated earlier that Ford is built in Mexico, so will it be for GM. You can dig the info yourself, they are building a manufacturing plant in Mexico to build GM autos. You are also funded by China, who pay the Americans to build it. If you are willing to brag, brag away, but you better be able to take the heat that comes with it. Hope you like the taste of crow.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/103400/20110121/gm-mexico.htm
Can't speak for oilburner or his feelings about GM, but I for one don't care for any of the big 3 shipping jobs to Mexico and will never buy an expensive vehicle from them that is made south of the border. The 2011 crew cabs and HDs are all made in Flint MI. Had that not been the case, I wouldnt have bought it. And should it change later, I will no longer be a customer.

Germany, the UK, Canada, Japan and other first world labor markets I'm ok with, but China and Mexico I'm not.

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
Let's face it globalization is here. Sure, I would love to buy American, but that is few and far between these days. It's easy to ride that high horse until you start looking around.

Where were your clothes made?

That computer you are typing on?

Your TV you are watching?

The modem that connects you to the internet?

You cell phone?

Staplers, pens, calculators, programmers on your truck, let's face it. The only thing made in the US these days are the tear gas canisters that are being fired in Egypt. How do you think they feel when one is picked up, and in bold letter's it reads "Made in the USA". :wtf

·
Duramax/Allison
375 Posts
Fordt, you're right, we're like lemmings falling off a cliff... nobody wants to wake up and see the raw deal the US is getting on this (and the EU as well).

Anyway... I try to buy American when I can, and EU as well... New Balance 1223 and 991 shoes, 7 and Jake Agave jeans, etc.... it's not possible to avoid China so easily with electronics, but I try... we can all only "try"

·
Hacky!
1,197 Posts
Fordt, you're right, we're like lemmings falling off a cliff... nobody wants to wake up and see the raw deal the US is getting on this (and the EU as well).

Anyway... I try to buy American when I can, and EU as well... New Balance 1223 and 991 shoes, 7 and Jake Agave jeans, etc.... it's not possible to avoid China so easily with electronics, but I try... we can all only "try"
I buy as much American as I can. One of the only real pair of running shoes that you can buy American is New Balance. I wanted running shoes, cause I run alot, and that is what I bought. If I look on my 6.0, there are parts made in Spain, China, Mexico, etc. I know the 6.0 was built in Kentucky with mostly IH parts. But many hit the nail on the head. We are being outsourced for cheaper labor period. I would rather pay a higher price know it came from the good ole USA than a save on deal made in China!

Reactions: 747MD11

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Reactions: 747MD11
1 - 20 of 34 Posts