The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is the deal, I got a 01 cummins with auto tranny and I put a turnbuckle on the wastegate to not allow it to blow open. now i made the wise decision to remove it because the turbo seemed to lag on the top end that my be because the air was getting hot but its gone now to the question at hand. i was wondering were to check for boots leaks to see if i have any. no I dont have any gauges just yet. any help would be awsome!

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
Check all the boots for wear or loose clamps. You can also check the ic tubes and ic for holes or wear spots (I don't think I have ever heard of a hole in a tube but if you are there anyway you might as well give them a once over). Why do you think you have a boost leak?

·
3,514 Posts
definitely get some gauges! I popped an intercooler boot once, and with the box on stage 1 or off, it didn't smoke, but the EGT would get way up there if you had a load or were pullin a grade. soared and I couldn't make more than 10psi. On stage 5 when it happened, the smoke just started rollin. I could balckout a 4lane freeway for miles, but the truck got kinda hot.

boots do pop off though, usually because of old tired clamps. I would replace them with better clamps and use some hair spray when putting them back on.
Sean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts