The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current exhaust consists of a 3" down pipe with 4" straight pipe to 5" curved stacks. I love the sound driving around town but on the highway or towing my camper it's way too loud. I'm looking for a straight thru style muffler that will fit over the 4" pipe at both ends. If any vendors can help me out pleas pm me and let me know. Also if you could give me the over all length of the muffler, tip to tip, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Tim

·
6,337 Posts
Get a Aeroturbine Muffler, 4040 or a 4040L. The 4040L has a Resonator in it that will hush things a little. It will also lower your EGT's about 50-100 degrees.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
He does not need to spend the money on an aeroturbine, although its very nicely built and works great.

He can achieve the same effect with a good resonator muffler.

·
Registered
229 Posts
tjl, you didn't happen to come through North Carolina in the last month or so did you? Could've sworn I saw your truck with the side graphics and stacks...

·
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
~CrazyDiesel~ said:
tjl, you didn't happen to come through North Carolina in the last month or so did you? Could've sworn I saw your truck with the side graphics and stacks...

No, it wasn't me. I haven't been any where yet this year. I'm hoping to go to Gatlinburg in sept. though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts