The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just picked up my 07 outlaw last week and love it, I put in a s&b cold air kit and a mbrp 4" exhaust. I can't figure out what to buy for a turner??? I like the edge because you can adjust on the fly and have a egt /boost readout, The banks pda kit it the same, alot of people talk about the sct. Any comments welcome.....thanks

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
I think the overwhelming majority of this crowd will tell you SCT is the way to go.

And Welcome to TDG!!!!!!!

·
571 Posts
Yep, X2 on the SCT. The best power and trans control available.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't really care about peak hp numbers, but want a good street program that will increase hp , but want a safe tune

·
571 Posts
The SCT is the one that has the safest hp and controls your trans too to keep it from getting burned up. You can put 3 tunes on the SCT and you can choose which 3 you want. I run a "street" tune from ID. It's a great daily driver with plenty of power when you need to pass or feel like racing someone without having to worry about excessively high egt's or head pressures. There are more powerful tunes but then you should start thinking about upgrading head studs etc.

·
6,337 Posts
SCT Xcal 2... The edge was known as a puker for a while, dont know if they have changed that now but...

·
172 Posts
My recommendation... Go out and get a Superchips 1805 Flashpaq. You will love it!! Good power, tight shifting! :deal: :woot:

·
6,337 Posts
ebusa said:
My recommendation... Go out and get a Superchips 1805 Flashpaq. You will love it!! Good power, tight shifting! :deal: :woot:

Only issue with a superchips is it is not updateable, not ajustable, and you are stuck with there tunes... With a SCT, there are ten or more tuners just on this site...

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
CSIPSD said:
Only issue with a superchips is it is not updateable, not ajustable, and you are stuck with there tunes... With a SCT, there are ten or more tuners just on this site...
And you forgot to say each tuner has XXX amount of different tunes..:Thumbup:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have owned an Edge and now I have an SCT.

The Edge Platinum is a great chip. The display and adjustability are nice. And there are some nice adjustable features that will protect your engine if you have drivers that know nothing about EGTs, boost, rpms....

Some folks claim that Edge's EGT reading is inaccurate. But I ran the Edge on it's thermocouple and a separate gauge on a separate thermocouple. The digital display responds faster under dynamic conditions. Readings were within 25F under steady state conditions.

I used to really appreciate Edge's cold engine feature that used stock levels until the engine reached 140F. Now, when it goes below 40, I have to load a different program with the SCT as the "extreme" tunes are not winter friendly.

While you can switch power levels on the fly with Edge, in reality, you can't. This is because you then have to allow the transmission to relearn its shift calibrations before you can hammer it. Changing from a level 3 to a level 5, then hammering it will cause rude bangs and bumps from the tranny, flashing lights, and codes. After relearning is completed, transmission shifts are nice. But still not quite as good as the SCT.

I did not get the "hot juice" code. As nice as the Edge is, the SCT tunes can put out more power than the Edge on #5. So if power is your only concern, go with the SCT.

Edge's customer service was good. But in the year that I had the unit, I had to swap out the display. Then the chip lost it's mind on me and left me stranded. (At least it was only at a neighbor's house about 1/4 mile away.) There are several SCT vendors that are sponsors here; most give very good customer service.

If you ever intend to go with bigger injectors, a turbo change, etc., then you will have to have the SCT so that you can get custom tunes.

Hope this helps:Thumbup:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
the flashpaq 1805 is very safe and does tune the tranny. you can update the tunes on there site and in the near future they will have custom tunning. there are uppdates on the flashpaq site already.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the input guys, I'm going with the SCT X2. I'll post a comment when I get it. :Thumbup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just ordered my sct from DJ Performance , with the loony tune. It will be here tomorrow. Santa was early this year :woot:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts