The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 F 250 powerstroke turbo and i need help. I would like to know what you guys do when your racing . See i live in a small town and all my friends have little import cars and they think they're the racers in town. My truck is fast but not that fast , because of the 7 inch lift 37 tall tires with 22 ich wheels. It sounds kind of heavy buy it feels light. I've been watching the videos in this website and would like to know what you guys to to take off that quick, quicker than the other car. Im going to get the banks six gun tuner and and a air intake soon. I have already changed stock exhaust to a 4inch straight pipe. Any one please help me beat all those little imports[/:shrug: SIZE].:usflag POWERSTROKES RULE:thanks:

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
Dont get the banks 6 gun... get an SCT instead and some gauges, EGT & Trans atleast... and then just hold the brake while you build up boost before you launch in 4x4 and by doing that you should smoke them... but the 37" are going to have a little impact on that but I still think you can do it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome to the site first of all, I see that this is your first post. Well it sounds like you want to take a monster truck to the races. First thing is you have 37" tires, that is a lot of rubber to turn, not to mention on a 8000 lbs truck. If you havent already ordered the banks kit, you might want to inquire in the site about getting something else, not saying that banks isn't good but there might be something better out there for what your looking for. As for taking off fast a lot of guys hold there brake peddle and build up boost and rpms like your going to power break it, but don't break it loose. Then you will get a faster off the line take off. Not the best on your tranny. You have to weigh your options on what you really want to do with your truck. You want a racer then you should have gone with a leveling kit and some smaller tires. Other wise your going to have to do a lot to get back the weight that tyou have added. Yes you can make a truck that will smoke the rice burners, but not all of them. They weigh 1/3 what you weigh and are all hopped up. Sounds like your truck is more of a show truck, that you like to run around town in. If I WAS YOU I would get you a tuner, intake, you have the exhaust and call it good for now. The rest will come with time. Unless you have lots of money then I would get a new tranny new injectors, head studs and so on. Just my :2cents Good luck!!!:Thumbup:

·
571 Posts
Forget the Banks, go with an SCT. The SCT makes better power and also controls your trans so you won't burn it up on those boosted launches. All of these tunes are specificly designed for your truck, plus with the SCT XCAL2 you can adjust certain perameters yourself like shift points, tire size for speedo, etc.
Ya, the 37's are big, but you should still be able to spank the ricers. Check out the vendors on this site. They all make reliable kick butt power.
I run Innovative Diesels tunes and have been very happy with the power and the service and I spank ricers all day long with 35's and a tune that is far from their hottest.

·
Registered
461 Posts
We can help you out with a custom tuner to get the power you need. The SCT custom tuning that we do will give better power and much better transmission control over the Banks Six-gun.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sounds like folks are putting you on the right track as to modifications.

But with your truck, did you ever consider just squashing the ricers instead of trying to beat them? :poke: :sly:

·
571 Posts
Well, if you did get beat you sure could make sure it didn't happen again. LOL

·
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the information. JUst one question. How is the SCT better than the banks six gun tuner . What air intake should I get. AFE OR BANKS intake that is coming going to be out on january .Again thank you

·
Registered
150 Posts
The first thing you will need is an exhaust temperature gauge. This is a must so that you can avoid melt downs.

Then you can get an SCT from the vendors above.

You already have an exhaust, which would be the next step.

The three steps above generally convert a 6.0 from having a stock RWHP of about 280 (+/-) to about 400 hp (+/-). This is a really good bang for the buck and it can take out a lot of ricers.

The air intake will not buy you a lot. The stock version is very good. I have an AFE and it adds "a little", but not much at low end. Since this is a $400 item, you don't get a lot of bang for your buck.

To go above 400 hp, hold on to your wallet. You are gonna need injectors, a turbo, head studs, a transmission upgrade... .

·
497 Posts
i'd would deff go for the sct tuner before anything. They seem to give you the most bang for your buck, plus their's an awesome (might not be their now, I forgot to look before posting this) forum on the beginning of the tuner forum about all the options and how they weighed out in testing. The SCT is the best one if you look. just my 2cents. Good luck with your decision and the competition!:evil:

·
275 Posts
Go with the SCT from Elite Diesel with one of Tadd's custom tunes. I am running one of his customs in my 03 6.0L and have not lost YET, (I know that there are plenty of trucks out there that can) but not many ricers. Also go with the new AFE if you have the money.
Thats just my 2 cents I'm still kinda new to this to but the guys at Elite diesel and my brother have helped me a ton

1 - 14 of 14 Posts