The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the track last weekend and the best I could manage was a 13.30 at 99mph. During the last pass it shifted harder than usual going into 3rd I think. I didn't think anything of it and when I was on the return road I heard a weird metal rattling type of noise. It came and went a couple of times so I just babied it back home. I haven't drove much since last weekend until tonight. I pulled up into my gun dealer's driveway and I could not put it into Park. It wouldn't go past reverse or drive. I kept trying and it finally went. I left there about 30 mins later and shifted from park thru drive a couple of times with no issues. I drove 30 miles to Kinkos and it did the same thing again and I could barely get it back into park. While sitting at the stop light I let off the brakes and it did not move. I pushed on the gas and it downshifted hard and moved forward. When I left Kinkos there were no issues getting it in drive. The transmission temps did not get over 173. I got to the stop light a couple of miles from my house and it did not down shift again. I ran the codes and got a p1000, p0766, and p2703. Has anybody had any issues like this? I was running the extreme race tune from Innovative. This is my first time with any tranny issues. Oh and I just had the transmission flushed a couple days before I took it to the track. The truck has just under 30k on it. Hopefully I don't have to buy a new transmission. If so guess I'll be calling Suncoast. Sorry for such a long post. The good news is my stamps came back from the ATF for my 3 cans.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And taking off from the stop light almost felt like a tranny that was slipping.

·
1,415 Posts
sounds like somethings not right, drop your pan and look for some shavings. there will be clutch matieral there witch is normal but if you find any chunks of steal its time for a new tranny.

Reactions: firedog90

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I talked to a buddy that works at Ford. I'm returning it to stock to take it up there.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I didn't make it to the dealership. Won't move in any gear.

·
1,415 Posts
Were you able to atleast get it back to stock? sucks to hear its toast already.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it sucks. It wouldn't shift. Stuck going 35-40 with it revving to 4000rpms. I had it towed to a buddy's exhaust shop and got it put back to stock. Then had it towed to the dealership. It was already 530 by the time I got it there so they gave me a rental and said they would call me on Monday.

·
1,415 Posts
mine did that once, was stuck in 3rd, i let it sit for a hour and went again and been fine since? but mine slammed hard 3 times when that happened. never had any of the problems with shifting or anything.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It sat for about 4 hours while I waited on the truck, put the stock exhaust back on, and tuned it back to stock. Still didn't move.

·
1,415 Posts
sounds shot for sure, let us know how it turns out with the dealer if your going that way. most have been able to get warrenty.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what I thought once it didn't move. Really? Even those that have had SCT or is that just Spartan? I won't find anything out till next week some time, but as soon as I do I'll post it.

·
1,415 Posts
with spartan thats why im courious how it will turn out with the SCT.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well hopefully it turns out the same as with Spartan. If not I guess I'll have to sell a gun or two to buy a Suncoast.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went to the dealership today to get an update on the truck. I talked to the mechanic who is working on it. I told him what problems I was having. He said when he got in the truck to try to move it that it wouldn't move. He revved it up and it finally moved in reverse. He put it in drive and it seemed fine. He is going to take it out tomorrow and drive it to see if it starts messing up again. He asked if I had a tuner on it right now and I said no. He said good in case we have to replace the TCM I don't want to mess it up. He thinks it might be a solenoid. Hopefully that's all it is. They haven't tore into it yet but he said the tranny fluid looked brand new.

·
1,415 Posts
Good to hear it might not be something major. but i dont see how it would have made it hard to shift with the leaver, inside all its hooked to is a plunger really.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't either. Hopefully they can figure it out soon. I don't like driving the fusion rental car they gave me.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
I don't either. Hopefully they can figure it out soon. I don't like driving the fusion rental car they gave me.
Could be worse it could have been a Focus or even worse a Chev like Forcefed6.4 got!! LOL

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
i dont understand how it could just be a solenoid. when my 03 did that i had to rebuild the trans.

Garrett

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Could be worse it could have been a Focus or even worse a Chev like Forcefed6.4 got!! LOL
Yes very true.
i dont understand how it could just be a solenoid. when my 03 did that i had to rebuild the trans.

Garrett
I don't either. I just took the mechanic's word for it. Still waiting to hear back from them.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I'm still pissed about the chevy. My truck weighs twice as much as that elcamino. but even stock my truck will pull the hills better than it ever could. Almost the same hp in both.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts