The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my truck on a dyno yesterday.The truck performed very well with my new set up.I am amazed what the commonrail is capable of when we have finally solved the fueling problem we have been fighting for awhile.For the record the dyno was a dynojet 248c and the runs were made with no correction factor.I would like to think Bob with Dyno Tex for bringing his dyno down for us to tune my truck.

I am sure someone will attempt to pick this apart but I have video,dyno sheets,and witness's-Chris Strickland and Joe Hellmann.

Here is the dyno sheet:

View attachment 10491
Here is the video:
I will post the video shortly!
My truck made 4 pulls over 1000 hp so I think this is consistent.My highest pull of the day was 1177 hp,but the gragh was peakY due to electronic issues and I spun on the dyno a few times,but the 1132 pull was clean and smooth so thats what I will claim.

Here's the highest pull of the day:

View attachment 10492

I would like to thank:
[email protected] Diesel
[email protected] Performance
[email protected] Diesel Warehouse

Hopefully I will have some more to show everyone in Kentucky.

RC

Special thanks to [email protected] Diesel
Special thanks to [email protected] Performance

Attachments

·
1,921 Posts
Nice numbers. I don't think it's quite a record though. Was that on #2 only or with spray?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
gtspowerstroke said:
Nice numbers. I don't think it's quite a record though. Was that on #2 only or with spray?

It's a record for common rail engines.

and that was on spray.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As the credits show the runs were made with nitrous,I intentionally tuned the truck for this,because making over 1000hp on fuel makes for a ridiculous daily driver.I dont care for huge turbos that smoke and have lag all the time.I didnt want to run 80 or 100 lbs. of boost either.So I have a combo I like that is very strong on motor and even better with a bottle.This was all done with some old holset turbos,big injectors,and twin cp3 pumps.Alot of people like #2 only numbers,I like to race,so this is my set up.The #2 purist will likely think this a bottle baby,thats their right.My thoughts on this are,go drive the 1000hp 12v and then drive my truck,see which you would rather be in on a daily basis.On a side note whats the difference between a commonrail with some gas on it and a 12v with water.If I remove the nitrous and just have water,can I claim #2 only?They both use water/nitrous for cooling ,as result of cooler air they both produce more horsepower

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Nitrous does more than cool the air, but I see where you're coming from.

And you don't hear me complaining about the numbers. They're awesome, good job!

that's the beauty of the commonrail engine being able to tune it they way you need for every situation and still make rediculous power.

·
3,939 Posts
Hey, I might be a "purist", but 1132hp is 1132hp, no matter how you slice it. Even better if you can use the truck every day.

Congrats!

·
gotta love black smoke!
388 Posts
I dont care what anyone says that there is very impressive. Nice numbers!!!

·
General Contractor
518 Posts
Great Job. Like it's been said 1132 is 1132. I like the Idea of a daily driver that will pretty much kick the pant off anything on the street and still make Awesome power for the track. :Thumbup:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Good job,.Very impressive.......now-Get it on the track, gotta see some #'s.!

·
Nasty Girl
580 Posts
Congrats nice numbers!!! :woot:

·
Got Torque?
2,577 Posts
Incredible. How does something like that hook? I didn't see any special tires on it or suspension (although hard to tell). I'm just curious how it responds when a Z06 lunges at a light. Can you stay with him, or do you spin? Also, I assume at 60-70mph, spin is less (although with that much power it may still be an issue) of a concern, but generally, how does it behave when you punch it at highway speeds?

Awesome numbers.....I wanna be a common rail when I grow up!

Ralph

·
4,158 Posts
TheBac said:
Hey, I might be a "purist", but 1132hp is 1132hp, no matter how you slice it. Even better if you can use the truck every day.

Congrats!
:iagree :bow: :Thumbup:

·
Registered
228 Posts
very nice numbers like its already been said 1132 hp is 1132 hp and then to be a dailey driver to very nice

·
467 Posts
very impressive. Does it have stock internals and what did you do to the tranny?

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
:Thumbup: Its official, Im impressed! Very nice numbers! :sly:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts