The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to a lady at spartan on thursday and she said she would email me a invoice that night and i can call in the morning and pay by cc on the phone. I was waiting on a $150 discount from a invoice for my sct. I really wish they would hurry up I cant wait for that sucker!! I know they are busy as hell and I gotta wait my turn but I thought I would have bought it by now :bang:

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
:point

JK waiting sucks thats for sure LOL

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:fart

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup!! this is copy and pasted from their site:
"Already an existing off-road tune user with a competitor's product? Upgrade to the original and most highly developed custom tuning on the market for your 6.4. Simply fax us the invoice from the purchase of your other off-road tuning product, and receive a $150.00 discount on your order of a Phalanx Flash Console w/ Custom Tuning + 275RWHP tune (discount only applies if both components are purchased)"

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
If you don't hear something by mid next week, call Spartan again. They are a very small company. It will be worth the wait!!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
You haven't been invoiced yet. Tuners just arrived on Friday and will leave on Monday; we don't bill or invoice until the day they ship. You'll receive the invoice at that time.

Matt

·
Registered
28 Posts
And if you need help in the future you can count on there quick response. about 2-3 months if they are in a hurry and never if there not. Mick1955 is very helpfull but unfortunatly there is only so much even he can do. So do your homework and find out as much as you can about all the companies before purchase! It will save you lots of time and headaches.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
And if you need help in the future you can count on there quick response. about 2-3 months if they are in a hurry and never if there not.
I dont think that that's very fare. I've sent in emails adn left messages. I've always had a responce the next day.

Just got a phone call in Saturday in regards to some tech support. Their not even open on the weekend.

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they responded to me in about 2 hrs the other day.

I have no doubts that its a good product and I have used the competitors. I was under the impression that I would be billed the next day but Im not pissed or anything and this is not a bash on spartan thread by no means!
all this was was me whining that i cant hardly wait for it thats all.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Good to here you got some more hands around their. I know you guys are probably working overtime all the time.

·
113 Posts
And if you need help in the future you can count on there quick response. about 2-3 months if they are in a hurry and never if there not. Mick1955 is very helpfull but unfortunatly there is only so much even he can do. So do your homework and find out as much as you can about all the companies before purchase! It will save you lots of time and headaches.

I have been in your boat. I will say that in the past two weeks that I have been dealing with them on my DD issues that their customer service is much better. I believe that they hired a new guy to answer phones. Although he doesn't always have the answers you need it is a huge help. I just hope it stays this way. Mick has also been a huge help with getting everything situated. I think that the new hires will be welcomed by everyone. Hopefully my DD replacement is on the way.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here is what I know. I could never say enough about mick!!! he has been a tremendous amount of help. I know that I have had some issues with my programming since shortly after I got it just as everyone else has. I was not one of the ones who called fifty thousand times a day, I never said one bad thing about spartan as a company in fact I can't even count how many people I have turned on to there product since I bought mine. we all know that the customer service has not been the best and that they have been short handed. because of this I feel I have been more than patient. I have sent in log files and had numerous discussions with mick about the problems with the old 250 tune and now the new 250 tune. A month and a half ago or so not real sure anymore I finally decided to call in because the email was getting no response and mick was getting no response. I got the new kid on the phone who took down my problem and told me he had only been there a couple of days so to be patient with them and someone would give me a call back by the end of the day fri. or monday. another 2 weeks go by I leave a voice mail then another week or so goes by with no response I leave another voicemail. I have been having trouble getting the power out of the truck with the first tune and was told to head up to there facility and they would put it on there dyno to see if we could get any issues figured out so I drove about an hour and a half to when I was told to call matt to get directions for the next hour drive only to sit and wait for 4 hrs so that I could turn around and go home because he decided not to answer the phone. now I have the updated 250 tune with even less power than the last one and transmission shifting problems which I never had with the old one and is fine if I return to stock. So you guys tell me whats fair, the one who has never given the harrassing phone calls, countless emails, being a complete jackass or guys like myself who have been patient for over a year to still be blown off and yes that is now how I feel. in the begining I could not believe what I was reading about all the bashing and what was going on with some of the customers at spartan I could completly understand there frustration on matt and scotty's end but it's now got me to the frustrated point hence why I have taken the action I have I no longer run there tunes not because I don't want to but because I can't so tell me how thats fair.

·
Registered
28 Posts
dont be sorry man I know what happens and how it works and if there are a few problems you can't or are not sure how to fix you put them to the side and fix the majority not the minority you wait untill things like this happen or you have time to deal with it.

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That suks and I know that a business like that is really dependant on its customer support. I also know what it is like to be underpowered and low on help. My business was the same way this time last year and I lost a couple customers and now that things have slowed down some I have had time to put in the extra effort and give them the time and attention I should have long ago but its gonna be alot harder to win back the accounts then it would have been to maintain them before. I needed to hire a full time salesman but I didnt want to hire someone and not need them later down the road if the bottom fell out the oil patch out here. Its hard to look in the future and know you can support the payrolls of all the personnel you need to hire for a stabil amount of time. I would hate to have to lay anyone off and Im sure they are doing the same thing. this economy just suks right now and its hard to depend on

1 - 20 of 20 Posts