The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was just wanting to know if uns had any other tricks to getting my truck LOUDER(turbo or exhaust)?? THANKS!!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,921 Posts
Open up the intake or remove the filter and intake all together and take the exhaust at the end of the downpipe. Other than the typical straight exhaust and open element intake that's about al that's left.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i got a stage 2 intake an 4" straight exhaust but i couldnt think of anything else to do...
 

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
Joined
·
2,262 Posts
put a 6" or larger tip on ex or stack
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,509 Posts
unhook you exhaust underneath or right behind the cab and you'll hear a lot more turbo whistle in the cab but it probably wont be any louder for everyone else.
or you could always hood stack it:sly:
 

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
Joined
·
2,262 Posts
:popcorn: hood stack will get you a ticket fast but it sure would look cool
 

·
Member
Joined
·
147 Posts
Putting a nice set of 6" or 7" stacks would definitely make it louder. I had a 3.5" straight pipe and a buddy of mine had 4" straight. Stacks made a huge difference I think, plus they look awsome. If you do go with a straight pipe stack setup don't be surprised when the EBPV kicks in and it sounds like a jet running in your driveway. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dieselman723 said:
Putting a nice set of 6" or 7" stacks would definitely make it louder. I had a 3.5" straight pipe and a buddy of mine had 4" straight. Stacks made a huge difference I think, plus they look awsome. If you do go with a straight pipe stack setup don't be surprised when the EBPV kicks in and it sounds like a jet running in your driveway. LOL
The more it whistles an sounds like a jet the marrier LOL
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,106 Posts
get a turn down tip and point it at the ground. Very loud! like always having it echo off a wall
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
812 Posts
99StrokerDude said:
get a turn down tip and point it at the ground. Very loud! like always having it echo off a wall
it made mine louder when i took my turn down off
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,106 Posts
weird... I have heard a number of them with w/ turn down that were really loud. It of course can't be one that causes restriction...
 

·
strokin now cummin later!
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
pontiacross said:
unhook you exhaust underneath or right behind the cab and you'll hear a lot more turbo whistle in the cab but it probably wont be any louder for everyone else.
or you could always hood stack it:sly:
how would you put a hood stack on a sd psd? i wouldnt think there would be enough room for a 4" pipe under the hood. i though about doing it but couldn't see it fittin under my hood. i have had 6 different exhaust styles on it and im still not happy with it :damnit LOL

also why would you get a ticket for it? to loud?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For the record you can NEVER have a diesel too loud!!! In my opinion of course. But thanks guys an keep em comin!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
orangepstroke said:
how would you put a hood stack on a sd psd? i wouldnt think there would be enough room for a 4" pipe under the hood. i though about doing it but couldn't see it fittin under my hood. i have had 6 different exhaust styles on it and im still not happy with it :damnit LOL

also why would you get a ticket for it? to loud?
I think you will get a ticket because the exhaust has to exit behind the cab.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,509 Posts
yep I think it has to exit behind the cab to be legal.

I'd say it'd be a pain to do on a normal superduty setup but with twins it'd be pretty easy:sly: since one of the chargers would have to be further forward
 

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
Joined
·
2,262 Posts
yep behind the cab and out here in california it cant be over 94 db loud i get some hard looks from the law some times with my 5" but a hood stack would look cooooooooooooooool
 

·
strokin now cummin later!
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
haha. im not worried about the ticket really. usally there not very expensive. most of the time they drop it and just pay court cost.
ill look it to it. not saying im goin to to it but ill see if its possoble and how easy it would be to fab up somthing. it looked wicked with a 6" tip coming out of the hood.:sly:
 

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
Joined
·
2,262 Posts
you will have to have a lift off hood or one hell of a big hole in it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
loudness

i had a 3.5 inch turndown that was loud, and now i have 5 inch mitre cut stacks and its purdy dang loud when the pedals to the floor it sounds like a regular v8
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top