The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you heard about a week ago a horrible ice storm came thought the midwest. many where with out power and lost trees as well. We the sun came out this week end where we found that the tree limb we had thought missed the fifth wheel actually did hit it.:bang: :fan

I know Bouncer was part of this storm as Im sure others where to and I hope that everyone involved the best as I know it was a horrible storm. Just thought I would share the pics. Hopefully the this won't be as bad as it looks.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its sitting inside at the dealer now so we should know more tomorrow.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That stinks. Hope they can get it fixed up for ya.
thanks bill hows the arm? you still going to the farm show this weekend?

·
Administrator
8,879 Posts
thanks bill hows the arm? you still going to the farm show this weekend?
Arm is getting better, but looks like ths show is going to be out. I am in the hospital right now waiting on gallbladder surgery tomorrow. :thumbdown

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow im sorry to hear that Bill. good luck I hope you make a very speedy recovery on both the arm and the surgery.

Reactions: Bouncer

·
1,709 Posts
Good luck with gettting that fixed. That ice storm was no joke. I have family in KY that still is without power.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well it turned out to be over 8000 dollars worth of damage. Insurance will be covering it, we got the check last week and they should have the parts ordered so hopfully we will be camping soon..the weather is starting to get a little better as well.

·
Administrator
8,879 Posts
Glad to hear insurance is taking care of you. :thumbsup

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad to hear insurance is taking care of you. :thumbsup
yeah that is a definite life saver. Big prob now is that it won't be done until end of this month. We also had them install a tornado rise system for the black sewer tank. My neighbor has one on his KZ toyhauler and he loves it. Should be pretty nice to have.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it goes in the black sewer tank and it hooks up to a hose on the out side of the camper and have jets that spin thus cleaning the take and getting the TP and junk off the sides of the tank and sensors. we have a wand that goes down the toilet to do the same thing but its a hassle to do every time...
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/tornado-permanent-tank-rinser/4969

its like this(i assume its the same one they use) Like i said my neighbors KZ came with it..and he really likes it.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
well it turned out to be over 8000 dollars worth of damage. Insurance will be covering it, we got the check last week and they should have the parts ordered so hopfully we will be camping soon..the weather is starting to get a little better as well.
:eek: If i were in your shoes, I would be Duck taping it up and buying me a new one instead of spending 8k to repair it.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:eek: If i were in your shoes, I would be Duck taping it up and buying me a new one instead of spending 8k to repair it.
Um well you see it almost a 40,000 dollar fifth wheel that is only a year old...I think it is more than worth fixing and the way the economy is I would not want to try to sell it and find something else. We are VERY happy with it so its gonna stay around a while..also insurance is covering it so its only costing us the deductable out of pocket. Not including the tornado tank rinser. :happymugs

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Went up to talk to the shop today..they now have 38 camper with damage from this Ice storm...good/bad news is that they are starting the roof this week as soon as its back from the body shop from having the fiberglass work done..so maybe only 2 weeks out then its on the road for some camping..also gonna do one of these before we head out http://www.tweetys.com/detachablepowerconversionkit-30amp.aspx I hate pulling the cord out and shoving it back in the side of the camper..

·
8,265 Posts
Is that the kind where the cord just plugs into the side of the camper? If so...lemme know how the conversion goes. I would love to be able to do that to my fiver. I hate stuffing that cord back into the camper...especially when its muddy and wet.

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
I really like the idea of that tornado system but the install video on that site SUCKS... LOL

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is that the kind where the cord just plugs into the side of the camper? If so...lemme know how the conversion goes. I would love to be able to do that to my fiver. I hate stuffing that cord back into the camper...especially when its muddy and wet.
Yer Sir it is..As soon as its back Ill be installing it. Ill get sure and take pics along the way...

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really like the idea of that tornado system but the install video on that site SUCKS... LOL
from what I can tell it would be a very easy install if your camper does not have insulation under it.. ours did you we just had them do it while its up there.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts