The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought a icon adjustable track bar a year ago.3,000 miles later the
bushing in the track bar is completly destroyed due to a poor/weak design,casuing my truck to get death wobble(was torqued to factory specs).It looks like Icon has caught on to this bad design and is offering a upgrade for this 300 dollar bar i bought a year ago.Should I pay another 100+ dollars to upgrade this bar?Or do you think ICON should recall the bar at no charge to the customer and fix the crap design?

http://www.iconvehicledynamics.org/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=397&osCsid=mbsog00k6rufhkgrto91htg2b2

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
if they know its a problem with THEIR design then THEY should fix it.

Garrett

·
1,570 Posts
Have you tried contacting Icon? They seem like a pretty good company, so try that before anything else.

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yea..I contacted them.They said i would have to buy the upgrade.So basically
I spent 300 dollars for a steel 1 inch bar,because the bushing on the end of the bar is worthless.

Im guessing that after they design a part,they dont test it.Until people complain.Than its on the customer to pay for there design flaw.

I learned not to mess with Icon parts anymore
:rantoff

·
179 Posts
That sucks! I'm starting feel more feedback in my steering and had some bad wobble on a couple of occassions. Thanks for info, I better take a look at that bushing. I thought Icon stood behind their products. $112 for a new imporoved bushing that prevents death wobble...lame. Design flaws should be covered under warranty in my opinion. What is thier liability if someone was to wreck their truck because of this defective part?

·
1,570 Posts
Thanks for posing this, I'll be sure and order the upgraded track bar with the leveling kit for my '08.

·
155 Posts
My Icon kit came with the new rod end on it. But it did not come with instructions or the steel inserts for the rear shock bushings. :bang

1 - 8 of 8 Posts