The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some new pictures of the truck with the wheels and tires on.

Specs
Icon 4.5 Coilover Kit
Icon 4 Link
Icon Dual Steering Stablizers
OUO 6" traction blocks(bars not installed yet)

Interco SS-M16 37x13.50x22
ICCE OTR 22x10 4.5 Backspace

The truck rides really well, tires are smoother and quieter than I expected. The only thing I am unsure of is why the truck is so high in the front. Icon suggests a 5 inch block with the 4.5 kit to be perfectly level. I was worried this wouldnt be enough so I got a 6 inch block instead. It still could use a 7 or even 8 inch block I think.

·
125 Posts
Josh, I know you havent put too many miles on those M-16s yet, but they make them in a 40 and i was super interested in them. Keep us posted on how they perform.

Thanks for the pics, truck looks great.

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will for sure let you know. They only have about 40 miles on them right now. I have had Toyos, Nitto Mud, and Kumho Mud and I would compare these very close to the kumho as far as ride and noise. They are much quieter than the Nitto mud that I had before.

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are a few more pictures. I think the ground in this group of pictures was more level. You will see the rake that the truck has....

·
125 Posts
i think those front coilovers will settle in a little bit and get you closer to level, but i definitely see what you are talking about

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really like the height of the truck so I might just get a taller block in the rear. I have a 6 inch now. Might step up to a 7 inch and leave the front alone.

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not set up for a booth right now. I am primarily using it to pull my Chevelle out there which will be in GFG wheels booth. The truck will probably be parked out in the offroad lot where all the other trucks were parked last year.

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
You gotta remember DR/Icon were the masters of baja and offroad racing in general. Maybe they have a little offroad taste for the front being higher?

Probably not. If I were you, I'd go find a ditch or a ramp or something relatively isolated from traffic and flex out the front over and over and over. Stuff the driver side, let the passenger side droop, stuff the passenger side, let the driver side droop. Over and over to work in the springs, make sure nothing rubs, make sure no parts contact each other, take some good cool pics, etc etc etc. Then check all your nuts and bolts to make sure everything is still snug and/or the way it should be. Then repeat this a few times during the week and see if the front drops down any. Could be the new springs.

Oh yeah, the truck looks good! :happymugs

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree that they have some good offroad experience and they prolly set race trucks up that way but they advertise it as a 4.5 inch kit and thats what it should be. I will figure it out. I know a good spot to go get some flexing done. Maybe today after work ill do that.

·
246 Posts
... Then repeat this a few times during the week and see if the front drops down any. Could be the new springs.

Oh yeah, the truck looks good! :happymugs
That's what I'm thinkin', too ... the springs will settle in
and compress a bit ... :thumbsup

The truck looks awesome!

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think that i might add a 7 inch block and hope that the springs settle some too. Im ok with the CALI lean just dont want it to be too extreme.

·
2,126 Posts

·
773 Posts
looks really good, 37's are the right size for the 4.5" lift for sure!!! good job!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts