The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 has the SCT by ID - also has the Ford Gold Key alarm. Haven't been able to set my alarm because every time I do, it goes off almost instantly - a real pain in the butt.

So...I took the tune out today with the intention of taking it back to the dealer tomorrow. Now, I can set my alarm and it doesn't go off at all. Also, I noticed that my truck is SIGNIFICANTLY quieter without the SCT tune in. Anyone else noticed this? Any suggestions on what to do? I really would like my alarm to work - there has been a rash of SD thefts around here - but man, driving the truck without the SCT in it - I remember why I got the SCT in the first place!

Oh yeah - I also have been noticing lately that if I just start the truck up and don't let it warm up for 5 mins or so, when I take off, it shifts HARD - like horrible! I'm not talking about dogging on it - just normal acceleration. Any advice you guys can give me (other than "let it warm up for 5 mins" (which I do, when I can, and if I can't, I don't dog on it at all) - would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry mods - guess this belongs in the 6.0 Tuner forum - first available chance will you move it?

·
4,158 Posts
whats SCT?:shrug:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Disconect your batteries for 1/2 hour or so and while there disconected turn the lights on to pull any residual out...this will reset the tcm (tranny control module)....see if that does not help the shifts...it uses adaptive learning strategies and this will re teach it....the allarm thing confounds me but if any one could fix it Eric can....
j.schall

S

·
0 Posts
jschall said:
Disconect your batteries for 1/2 hour or so and while there disconected turn the lights on to pull any residual out...this will reset the tcm (tranny control module)....see if that does not help the shifts...it uses adaptive learning strategies and this will re teach it....the allarm thing confounds me but if any one could fix it Eric can....
j.schall

:agreed: :agreed: :agreed: :agreed:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
With the Xtreme program, your truck may be a bit louder. Fueling and EGR both change the change the sound of the truck a bit. One option is to turn the EGR back on. The other option is to run something closer to a our Street program. By doing both it would idle just as quiet as stock.

It will shift a bit harder when it's cold. I'd drive the truck easy until it's warmed up. We can ease up on the shift firmness, but it would also shift softer once warmed up. Cold fluids and variables related to EOT all cause the truck to drive differently while it's cold.

I've never heard of an issue with a program interupting and alarm system, so I can't help you on that.

Send us an email or call if there is anything we can do to help or if you would like any adjustments made.

Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks ID - not a problem with the noise or the shifting - just wondered if it was "normal" - as far as the alarm...any suggestions or ideas? I don't feel really comfortable taking it back to ford under warranty with the program in and telling them "it just don't get along with my programmer!"

·
Registered
328 Posts
The SCT cannot have any effect on the alarm. If you are worried about your truck being stolen get a real alarm. I can bypass the ford alarm with starter kill in about 20 seconds. Most of the time the main module is just hanging below the dash (tied to the main harness). If you can see it when you stick your head under the dash your truck is probaly easier to steal than when it was stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts