The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever had there truck to act like it has air in the injector lines after you have ran your truck either like a dyno run or ran it down the road a short distance and go to pull in somewhere and push the clutch in and the motor almost dye or idle rough like its got air in the lines. i have been around trucks that do it and then others that dont. any ideas what causes them to do that and how to stop it.

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
I know what you mean...

I'm not exactly sure myself but it like they do have some major air in the fuel after a hard run. The lobe like there going to stall...

You might investigate it a bit and fine how the common factor. Like in the gasser world it was the cam that did it... I'm not sure for the diesel world...

A guess at the diesel... Is oversize fuel injector lines... but thats a guess...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats it you got it and it makes no sense. but i think if you had lines you would have to have tubes to or it wouldnt change anything. but thats a guess to cause im just a piddeler not a mechanic.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Smokem said:
You are pulling the injection lines dry from the overfuel rate demanded by the VP44.
and you fix this how. also why do some trucks do it and others dont?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts