The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
DIESEL FREAK
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finnally got the IDM mod done and I must say it is well worth the time and money spent. It is really quite easy to do so if anyone wants it done pm me and I be glad to do it for ya.:muha

·
DIESEL FREAK
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is only for the 7.3...It is a modification to the Injector Drive Module

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
I realize that I am just wondering what exactly it does to the truck (gains, etc) and how it is done..

·
DIESEL FREAK
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The IDM is like an amp for a sound system. The more the amp puts out the better the sound. The IDm drives the injectors and this mod basically turns up the voltage to the injectors.

·
OBS
403 Posts
if you r going to do this for people remember that if you fry it you have to buy them a new one. that could get pricey

·
DIESEL FREAK
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stroker_baldy said:
if you r going to do this for people remember that if you fry it you have to buy them a new one. that could get pricey
If the proper precautions are taken while performing mod there is nothing to worry about:Thumbup:

·
JUCK FEEP
367 Posts
Are the 45hp/100lb numbers in the right ball park?

I need to do this mod soon.

·
DIESEL FREAK
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beer Mod said:
Are the 45hp/100lb numbers in the right ball park?

I need to do this mod soon.
I have read anywhere from 20hp 60lb to 60hp 100lb regardless though there is a deffinate increase that you can feel.:woot:

·
Riding solow on the Hog
286 Posts
Im not sure this has been discussed before, and a search brought me too many unrelated posts to sift through SO.
ONE. Will this mod work with a chip, or does the chip negate the benefit of it?

TWO. If it DOES compliment a chip, is it worth doing to an 03?

·
DIESEL FREAK
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sleeperstroke said:
Im not sure this has been discussed before, and a search brought me too many unrelated posts to sift through SO.

Yes it will work with a chip. No a chip does not negate the benefit of it. Think of this mod like a sound system: the amp (IDM) drives the speakers (injectors) a chip changes timing, etc like the head unit contols bass level, treble etc.
Essentially the injectors push the fuel harder..so better atomization, combustion IF anyone has any more input they are welcome to chime in at any time

·
Registered
52 Posts
How about some instructions?

·
DIESEL FREAK
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
frogman18 said:
How about some instructions?
http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34377
This is it. If you plan on doing this mod make sure you order the correct resistor. The one you will need is listed on the link!:splat :Thumbup:
Hay frogman your from Elizabethtown, Ky. Well I'll be da$5. That is where Im from, but I am away at college now. IF you need help I might be able to help you one weekend when I come home. Pm me if you need help

·
Registered
52 Posts
well aint that a nifty, ill be sure to let you know if i need some help

·
420 Posts
i was wondering is this mod hard on the truck? and how hard is it? it doesn't look that hard.

·
DIESEL FREAK
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brizzo12 said:
i was wondering is this mod hard on the truck? and how hard is it? it doesn't look that hard.
From what I have read, No this mod is not hard on the truck. No it is not hard to do. AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS.:rockon:

·
1,726 Posts
Sleeperstroke said:

Your truck has an IDM 120 an OBS has a IDM 100. The IDM mod essentially makes them all into IDM 130's so you be the judge.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Which IDM will the early 99 have?

·
1,726 Posts
frogman18 said:
99's (early and late) can have either an IDM 110 or IDM 120.

IDM 110's take the same resistor as the OBS IDM 100 does.

·
DIESEL FREAK
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
frogman18 said:
You'll have to pull down the inner fender and look at it to be for sure. It should be listed on the sticker right where the harness plugs into the IDM. If this doesn't make sense look at the pics in the instructions

the 7th pic down should give you a good visual

1 - 20 of 36 Posts