The Diesel Garage banner

Which truck would you buy now, if you were buying one?

• Dodge

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Ford

Votes: 52 73.2%
  • Chevy

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Toyota

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Nissan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Hacky!
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know with all the Gov't bailouts and such, which truck if you were to buy one today or this year, which truck would you buy?

·
Hacky!
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't know about any of you folks, but I am against Gov bailouts and those receiving them. They had far too long to mend and fix this before it became a problem. The writing was on the wall back in the late 70's. Did they do anything to change their image, no. They walked blindfolded thru a mine field, and you know the rest of the story...

If I could, I would buy a mxt right now. I understand they no longer build them for the private sector, but are still building them for the military. Besides the big three, I didn't know anyone else built a truck:usflag

·
361 Posts
shoot iv have me a ford with the 6.4

·
Penguin
251 Posts
GM, Ford or Dodge. No foreign name plates for me. Ever.

·
1,052 Posts
Reactions: DEERE3594

·
Hacky!
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
499 Posts
Reactions: DEERE3594

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Garrett, ya if you were to buy a brand new one off the lot today, which would you buy?
well then, i pick ford. still not sure how much i like the ford more than the other trucks so thats what i chose. though, i have been liking the LMM more lately, still cant stand that IFS and the fugly front end.

Garrett

·
Hacky!
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have been liking the LMM more lately, still cant stand that IFS and the fugly front end.

Garrett

I dido those remarks. The front bumper looks just like a fat lip. I don't like the the two sided cowling or raised hood. I don't know what they were thinking on that. My work truck is a Chevy 2500HD, vortec, no diesel. I wish it was.

·
Born in the USA
2,651 Posts
I would buy a nice new F350 if I could.

·
Hacky!
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My personal truck is a 1996 F350 PSD. My work truck with Jay-Mar is a 2500HD chevy. I just wanted to clarify. My last response makes it sound like I have a 2500 HD, but that is for my job, I don't have a choice in what I get to drive, they choose for me and that is ok with me.

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
GM is a no... dodge is getting bought out.... I dont hink so. , damn I read it wrong.... I would have picked dodge..... :bang

·
1,581 Posts
If Toyota built a diesel 1-ton capable of towing my 18,000lb 5r while comfortably seating 5, I'd consider it.

Until then I'll stick with Fords.

·
A Slave To The Trade
650 Posts
give me another ford if i had my choice

·
1,409 Posts
I'd love to have a new suburban w/ the 4.5l duramax. Guess that isn't going to happen though...

Time to be "green" and recycle an older truck. A used, overhauled truck without emissions crap seems to be the best option right now.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts