The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Its Got About 50 Miles On It And After 4 Month Wait It Screams But Know I Noticed Oil Running Down The Down Pipe And It Smokes More Than It Used To So Looks Like Its Coming Off And Going Back Almost Wish They Never Found The 03 Wheel

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Check your oil return line. That's most likely the issue.

It takes a little longer to spool, that's the extra smoke. Once it lights, hold on!

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no leaks at the return its in the down pipe and coming out where the 2 pipes meet and the smoke is blue at idle .when they replaced the 13 wheel with the 10 mabe they didnt put a new seal on?

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
It could be a seal, although it would be very unusual. II is usually very thorough on their builds. I'd give Justin a call and see if he has any idea's. Give me a call or email and let me know.

·
3,306 Posts
CAMSBLUE04 said:
Well Its Got About 50 Miles On It And After 4 Month Wait It Screams
This turbo from industrial injection really runs that good huh? I've also got an '04 with and am wondering how much noticable power you have over the stock one. Now this is just an upgraded VGT that still has the vanes right? Does it whistle really loud? I don't want anymore turbo lag than what i already have, either the same or better would be good.

·
793 Posts
A modified vgt will give ya more lag, I notice it on the takeoff compared to stock but once rolling the lag is less noticeable.
And if you wrap the turbo and do the coatings on it they say it helps with turbo lag :shrug: I don't know personally

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
have not really ran it yet so cant tell you about power but it whistles the same as an 03[scream meant whistle] just worried about the oil in exhaust cleaned it real good today give it a few miles and check again hopefully its nothing.the compressoer wheel is bigger dont know how much doesnt look like much

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was pissed when i posted but should of asked if anyone has seen this was not bashing anyone just asking a ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts