The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a pile of Banks products on my truck including a Big Hoss Level 4; have gotten good solid performance, decent mileage and ZIP, ZERO, NADDA for problems - no no-start problems, no jumpy performance, no FM radio or headlight problems......nothing.

Question is: why is the Banks 6 Gun considered to be an overpriced 10K (18K) mod when it includes a pyro guage, boost, self diagnosis, de-fueling if egt's get beyond a pre-set, plus whatever else is in there?

Thanks for your inputs.......:thanks:

·
6,337 Posts
ropedibenzo said:
I've got a pile of Banks products on my truck including a Big Hoss Level 4; have gotten good solid performance, decent mileage and ZIP, ZERO, NADDA for problems - no no-start problems, no jumpy performance, no FM radio or headlight problems......nothing.

Question is: why is the Banks 6 Gun considered to be an overpriced 10K (18K) mod when it includes a pyro guage, boost, self diagnosis, de-fueling if egt's get beyond a pre-set, plus whatever else is in there?

Thanks for your inputs.......:thanks:
Because its a 18K mod... Thats it really. Yes it will defuel if thats all your running but if you stack it with a chip then you can push right past the 18k range and still overheat. What good does that do for you? The gauges are a joke, one little screen that you can just read, and you can only read one thing at a time...

If the price was around the cost or a little more then a pyro gauge ($200) I would not hessatate to get one... But I am not paying $350 for one...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does that mean that one shouldn't do the 18K mod with a chip installed even if there's a regular pyro gauge installed?

·
Registered
103 Posts
With good programing, the "10k" mod isn't needed. It doesn't do anything but fool the PCM into thinking ICP is lower than it is and thereby raising the actual ICP. If you have a regular pyro installed then you don't need the pyro from the six-gun and could spend the money on a good chip or tuner.

·
6,337 Posts
ropedibenzo said:
Does that mean that one shouldn't do the 18K mod with a chip installed even if there's a regular pyro gauge installed?
As the above poster said... There is no need for a 18k-10k or anything like that, if you have good tunes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There isn't anything inherently wrong with Banks products. Gale has put alot of knowledge and research into his stuff. He just wants to make a mint on every sale. There are other companies that sell similar products cheaper, and you can find other guys burning chips that far exceed the power that you can get from Banks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts