The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my livewire for about a week now and in no way am i impressed. Now lets remember this cost me about $750.00 to simpley load some tunes and have some gauges. First off the manual is on CD and more of a glorified sales flyer its not model specific. Second as far as i can tell you have to unplug it to turn it off??? You have to go threw the menu to select the gauges every time you start the truck, Its huge, it dosent moniter many pids I wanted oil temp and it dosent do it. Even the perfromance calculater dosent have a accelerameter so i dont see that being worth anything either.
Sorry for the rant but i feel ripped off.

·
6.0 powered
160 Posts
No you dont have to unplug it to turn it off. Just press and hold the trackball in the middle and it shuts down and you dont loose your gauges and monitored PID's that way

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
I would have suggested to get a X2 or x3 over the LW..

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The thing is i wanted simple gauges that didn't make the A-piller huge. I had real gauges in my last truck and loved them but didn't like the way they blocked my vision. I though the LW would be a simple solution and look nice.
Dosent the OBD port have ignition 12v I thought it did, if so then its just plain stupid that you need to turn the thing off and on when you want. I was looking at the MSD dashhawk/ Edge insight and im pretty sure they turn on and off with the truck. I might ask inovative to see if they will take the LW back and just get a simple flasher and rear gauges and mount them up by the rear view mirror.

·
102 Posts
You should have got the Edge Insight. It is the best gauge product out!

·
2,821 Posts
I didn't want gauges in my face either so I put them over my rear view mirror. Chris

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
The OBD port is always hot.

·
Haulin' Hay
565 Posts
I'm currently running an Edge Platinum for gauges, and an SCT for power. I bought the Edge years ago, and now just leave it on '0'.

Works great as is...

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No you dont have to unplug it to turn it off. Just press and hold the trackball in the middle and it shuts down and you dont loose your gauges and monitored PID's that way

I have been trying this for 2 days now and it does not work. It prompts you on the screen to keep pushing button to shut down but it never shuts off. I can hold it down for minutes and it will just select the function it was on, i still need to unplug it. There were no updates for it when i got it but i guess i will go back to stock and try and reload the software for it and see if that helps.

·
48 Posts
I use a ScangaugeII and a Pyro, Its been great for me as a Digital unit. It displays all the 6.0L indicators and the Fuel pressure is not included. The best gauge for Mileage Calculation i have seen. You can take it from car to car, even when shopping for a car you can choose the best fuel mileage car on the lot. There are drivers that use this Gauge to get their cars more efficient then Hybrids.

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SCT says new version you hold down the ESP button to turn off. I havent tried it yet. I installed the EGT probe last night and decided to just keep the LW. Im still not happy with it but no matter how i configure it its about the same price no matter what i buy. Im sure something much better will come out in 3 months and really piss me off.

·
811 Posts
My pillar gauges arent blocking any of my view.:confused::

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK so i take back almost everything bad i said about this thing. SCTs customer service is excellect, i am most impressed. Also learned alot of cool functions with the LW.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
We are running a special for the livewire, mount, EGT probe and 3 custom tunes for 569.99 shipped. Can't beat that for cheap gauges and custom tunes.

·
3,306 Posts
You should have got the Edge Insight. It is the best gauge product out!
This is what i have along with my gauges on the A-pillar. I love the insight...i have it displaying engine coolant temp and oil temp.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts