The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night i left my truck unlocked and some sob stole my dasdaq and my sunglasses. I will be sending matt an email tomorrow about a new one. What makes me mad the most is that i had it was in my center cosole out of site and all it is to the person who took it is a piece of junk. This will be the last thing that anyone takes from me from now on that my h&k and glock are protecting.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
They ripped mine out but didn't take it.. I'm real lucky. I got a pager alarm and a .45 protecting mine now also!

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
contact your insurance company,...it's covered....

years ago I left my truck unlocked(old S10),...and I lost $8k worth of stereo equipment,...I even told them that I left the door unlocked,...it doesn't matter,..it's still covered.

·
5,365 Posts
leaving the door unlocked just reduces the total loss <no damage>....the
door locks & handles on any of these trucks (ford / dodge or gm) can popped
w/ next to no tools and even less effort !

install an alarm, jimmijammers at least itll make SOME noise when they
pop you again.

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
Last night i left my truck unlocked and some sob stole my dasdaq and my sunglasses. I will be sending matt an email tomorrow about a new one. What makes me mad the most is that i had it was in my center cosole out of site and all it is to the person who took it is a piece of junk. This will be the last thing that anyone takes from me from now on that my h&k and glock are protecting.
Contact DrewTech ASAP. Give them your name and serial number and tell them that it was stolen. It should be on the email that you sent to Spartan to get your tunes. DrewTech is great to work with on stolen units. If someone tries to get another cable, they usually get the serial number of the unit it is going on. Also, like you said, contact Spartan.

This came from the Spartan site back on 11-19-08:

Sorry to hear about your DashDaq being stolen. Your not the first! Gerry and a few others have had the same thing happen to them. Be sure to contact DrewTech. Provide them with the serial number of your unit so they can add it to their database of stolen units. That way if someone tries to purchase a license for add-on software, or a cable then hopefully they can get the information back to you.

This is some information I received from DrewTech back in June, when I asked if they could do something about helping to get them recovered:

It totally s!#%s that they are getting stolen.

When we hear a report of a stolen unit we make a note of it in
our serial number database.

We have a plan for dealing with stolen units.

We will see how effective it is.

We want to help in any way we can to recover stolen units.

Mike Drew
--
DrewTech Support
[email protected]

·
176 Posts
I’m sorry to hear about this and it sucks people will do it. and it’s true I'm on my 2nd DashDaq as my first one lasted 8 days and was stolen from my center console. Do as Mick said and hope for the best.

I thought about adding a set of jimmijammers but I thought twice about it because I think it could do more damage then its worth. If they try going in via the lock and they can’t get it to work they’re going to destroy the door while trying and in the end they’ll simply break a window and get in. Installing an alarm is an option and might scare them off but they can still do a smash and grab with some of your stuff.

For me I decided to install a console vault inside the console and bolts to the seat brackets. It’s out of site inside the console and if they do get inside the truck they won’t get inside the vault and they can’t remove it without removing the seats. It’s not badly priced and you can pick a keyed lock or a combination lock. I went with the combo lock for easy use.

Gerry

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
That really sucks. I plan on getting jimmy jammers and an alarm system with a pager.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have contacted drewtech. I also have thought about a vault but i live Baytown, Texas and it gets pretty hot in the truck so i will proably leave it at the house from now on.

·
5,365 Posts
For me I decided to install a console vault inside the console and bolts to the seat brackets. It’s out of site inside the console and if they do get inside the truck they won’t get inside the vault and they can’t remove it without removing the seats. It’s not badly priced and you can pick a keyed lock or a combination lock. I went with the combo lock for easy use.

Gerry
when they STEAL your truck theyll have all the time in the world to remove the seats or beat the **** outta the truck til they GET the VAULT

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
I doubt they know what the stole, idiots probly think its a gps.

·
176 Posts
when they STEAL your truck they'll have all the time in the world to remove the seats or beat the **** outta the truck til they GET the VAULT
I agree with you if the take the whole truck but I have other ways of disabling my truck so it can not be driven with or without the key and that includes the screwdriver key :D. I'm not saying it can't be stolen but it won't be quick and easy that's for sure.

·
Flyin' Hawaiian
146 Posts
Im on my 2nd as well....thanks @ss hole who ever you were!

Reactions: battle cattle

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
yup...get an alarm,...not one of those factory or aftermarket ones,....make your own.

·
The DUDE!!
1,806 Posts
Sorry dude. I had my SCT stolen a few years ago... It sucked not being able to play with tunes :bang

contact your insurance company,...it's covered....

years ago I left my truck unlocked(old S10),...and I lost $8k worth of stereo equipment,...I even told them that I left the door unlocked,...it doesn't matter,..it's still covered.
Stereo is one thing, misc stuff inside the vehicle is different......a dashdag, sunglasses, cd's, portable gps, etc.... are not covered under your vehicles insurance. I went through this when they broke into mine....lost a bunch of cd's, camera, SCT, and a few other things. They told me that i would have to make the claim under my homeowners. They are not part of the vehicle. This is what happened to me. Not sure about others.

·
14 Posts
GEt an alarm! Viper

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
I got an alarm question. can you get one that lets you know when it sounds off? I dont have one because im in school all day long, and i dont know if it will ever go off if its activated.

·
176 Posts
Stereo is one thing, misc stuff inside the vehicle is different......a dashdaq, sunglasses, cd's, portable gps, etc.... are not covered under your vehicles insurance. I went through this when they broke into mine....lost a bunch of cd's, camera, SCT, and a few other things. They told me that i would have to make the claim under my homeowners. They are not part of the vehicle. This is what happened to me. Not sure about others.
And to take this one step further a DashDaq is not covered by your homeowners insurance either or at least it isn't covered by Allstate. When mine was stolen Allstate screwed around and both departments (auto & home) kept telling me the other area should be covering it and in the end neither one would cover it. After 2 months of talking to them I finally gave up and they only way I can get it covered is to add a rider to my policy for specialty items. The cost of the add on wasn't worth it so I said screw it and now my DashDaq stays at home or it's locked in my console vault.

·
102 Posts
If I had to take my Insight monitor down all the time I would be pissed. The last thing I want to do is have more things to carry every time I get in or out of the truck. Yes it sucks it happened. would I sit there with a gun now...No! Have a two way alarm and chances are you will be fine. It really does suck because usually it's kids that do it out of stupidity and don't even know what they have and end up throwing it out!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts