The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
blewbyu
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not sure what to do. love this truck but having a few issues, Have a engine light on dealer said it was a nox sensor, but waiting for ford to redesign it, so driving with reduced power it wont allow the turbo to past 18psi, crap happens i understand! just thankfull not pulling a lot of weight right now. had the power upgrade done not to long ago, and now i cant stand the way it shifts, not smooth like before and barely step on the pedal and it wont stay in 6th like before. also have a problem with the steering have 36000k on the truck they have replaced the shocks the steering stabilizer shock, and i still have this death wobble thing going on! going acroos a bridge is enough to cause it to wobble, so now have to take it back in again and they are going to check steering box. so do i ride it out and hope for the best or trade it in? the only problem with trading it is it just one of those trucks? i would diffenetly trade it in for another ford maybe a f350 drw this time. this is my 4th powerstroke and wouldnt want to drive anything else. sorry if im ranting on just not sure which way to go!!!:damnit

·
1,606 Posts
Lemon Law?

·
590 Posts
Provideing the trucks performance is something you can tolerate at this time, i would ride it out and give ford some time to come up with a fix. Tell the dealer this is what you have in mind, and if the thing cant be fixed in a reasonable time frame, you want another . Expect them to be fair on the deal you get with the next one . Things like mileage ,damage to the truck, etc; You bought a new truck, with some newly designed componets, so expect some trival issues that take a little time to sort out. That being said, patience only goes so far..

·
525 Posts
I hate to crash the party... bud.

A software fix is pending with EPA approval.

If you traded it, the only thing you are changing is:

a) no extreme cold weather, so the problem will not come back again until next winter

b) problem will be there in the new truck unless it gets the new flash that is pending.

Sorry...

But I think I nailed this problem early on.... and here is the link to it:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1024813-dealer-techs-have-no-answer-to-problem.html

Look for my posts there... and be reminded of the hint that when they fix it... call Ford zone office and ask for a free warranty extension as compensation.

My sympathies.

·
blewbyu
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,your right no sence jumping from one to another, the power issue is a pain i can live with for now! just hope they get it fixed before camping season, has anyone else had steering problems?

·
525 Posts

·
517 Posts
Why would Ford have to redesign a NOX sensor just for your truck?:roflol:
Mine has not had the CEL or reduced power for any reason, 13,000 miles on it... nor have I had the "Death Wobble" some speak of,,, did I possibly get the one "perfect truck" out there?
I can not see someone trading their "Problem" truck for another one that soon, and as far as the one poster mentioning "Lemon law" it takes many more than just a couple issues to put that in the works, it has to be back in for the same problem several times, with no resolve of that problem. And all documented, that it was not fixed.
If the Death wobble is really happening, maybe the next time it happens, veer over into the median wall, and total it? Then sue Ford! :damnit

·
blewbyu
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the noxx sensor wasnt just for my truck! im just telling you what ford told me,go laugh at them. they came back after the third time in the shop and said to replace it again and just wait. who am i to argue with what the mechanic say , not knowing much about these trucks is why i take to the shop all i can do is go by what im told.after having the truck in the shop 6 times in 36000k for almost a total of three weeks to me that just costs me money as i use my truck for work not just sunday drivng!! so yes i did trade it off for pretty much the exact same truck, it seems to me when they did the power up grade is when i started having issues, rough shifting, noxx sensor , i have a buddy with same truck had the upgrade done around 30000k and is experiencing the same problems, except the death wobble. just my two cents but oppions are like ....holes everones got one!!

·
2 Posts
well the noxx sensor wasnt just for my truck! im just telling you what ford told me,go laugh at them. they came back after the third time in the shop and said to replace it again and just wait. who am i to argue with what the mechanic say , not knowing much about these trucks is why i take to the shop all i can do is go by what im told.after having the truck in the shop 6 times in 36000k for almost a total of three weeks to me that just costs me money as i use my truck for work not just sunday drivng!! so yes i did trade it off for pretty much the exact same truck, it seems to me when they did the power up grade is when i started having issues, rough shifting, noxx sensor , i have a buddy with same truck had the upgrade done around 30000k and is experiencing the same problems, except the death wobble. just my two cents but oppions are like ....holes everones got one!!

I live in Prince George B.C. and have had the check engine light and lack of power for well over 3 months now. Had it in to dealer 3 times now and they have not been able to fix this issue to date.

I had a 2008 f350 diesel with the death wobble but it started at 100 000km and with $2000 worth of ball joints ,stabilizer shocks and track bar bushings it seemed to correct the problem. With my new 2011 diesel i started having a bad death wobble at 12 000 km and they replaced the track bar bushings and it seemed to help until it hit 22 000 km and now i have the death wobble again.

As for lemon laws in Canada...we don't have one....!

What i did find was C.A.M.V.A.P , this is an independent free mediation that will determine if the manufacturer is responsible for repairs or possibly buying the unit back....I have started this process.

Since Christmas I have had 2/3 of the power my truck had when purchased in the fall of 2010. 3 separate phone calls to ford Canada lead to absolutely nothing to ease the customers anxiety who shelled out well over 50 k on a new truck with major issues.

3 separate times in a 2 month period to diagnose and fix the lack of power and check engine light and 3 open work orders because ford didn't know how to fix it.

You would think in a situation like this that the dealership and ford Canada would work together and try and do something for the customers who have been put out but it seems after several phone calls to both partys that they don't give a rats ***!

I think i just became a Chevy or Dodge driver....the hardest part about switching manufactures is telling my parents that I,m gay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts