The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I can buy the bottom part. of the fuel pickup/sending unit? The local Dodge dealer won't sell just the bottom that has the filter screens. (It snaps off) They want to sell me the whole unit. The unit is good, it's just the filter screens that have gone to crap.
I've got a 2001, 2500, 6 cyl, 24 valve, SLT Lariet, 34 Gal tank. Dodge wants over $400 for the whole unit.

·
454 Posts
triker888 said:
Does anyone know if I can buy the bottom part. of the fuel pickup/sending unit? The local Dodge dealer won't sell just the bottom that has the filter screens. (It snaps off) They want to sell me the whole unit. The unit is good, it's just the filter screens that have gone to crap.
I've got a 2001, 2500, 6 cyl, 24 valve, SLT Lariet, 34 Gal tank. Dodge wants over $400 for the whole unit.

could always try a junkyard. just a thought. The dealers suck for that. they never give anyone a break. if you have junkyards in your area take a look, and bring a sawzall. thats all i can think of.

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why I need it. I removed the whole sending unit from the tank. Snapped the filter off of the bottom and tried pouring alcohol thru it. The alcohol did not flow thru it. I did this because I was running "zero" fuel pressure after a couple miles. I have the FASS pump/filter installed and it was working, so I figured the only other problem had to be the in-tank filter. Sure enough, the screens were clogged. I manufactured a "new" top screen and cleaned the bottom one. Fuel is now flowing, but I would like to replace the screens with OEM types.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Cumminsdude2001 said:
could always try a junkyard. just a thought. The dealers suck for that. they never give anyone a break. if you have junkyards in your area take a look, and bring a sawzall. thats all i can think of.
I think that (junkyards or salvage yards) is the only place your going to find screens for your fuel pickup assembly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts