The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be getting an Industrial Injection Stage 1 VGT Hybrid turbo to replace my stock turbo. I am interested in this set up because it seems to help with the turbo viens sticking issue and is a direct bolt on plus a reasonable alternative to stock.

Do any of you have experience with these turbos?

I have custom tunes from Innovative and custom Spartan tunes for the mods in my signature but was wondering if I needed to get any adjustments made to the tunes or if the truck should be fine?

thanks

Adam

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure i read it's a +4mm compressor and +300 CFM

·
299 Posts
you could run it with your tunning that your running now, but to maximize your performance the tuners would probably give you more fuel on the top end.

Reactions: adambomb

·
2,106 Posts
why would you want a vgt :bang: :bang: go non vgt and never look back
my .02
Cause VGT's rock! and they can be a brake too. I don't understand why so many people hate the VGT's so much.

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
Cause VGT's rock! and they can be a brake too. I don't understand why so many people hate the VGT's so much.
Even though I really like my VGT (gotta love that whistle), from what I see the VGT's are limited in how much air they can provide and are prone to sticking.... There is no doubt that to get big power, a guy is gonna need to go to a conventional turbo for the additional air flow and that opens a whole slew of options for making huge power.... Plus, they do not get stuck....

·
Pursuit Interceptor
735 Posts
Simple reason is cost, most peeps want to upgrade their turbo not a full swap. Develop a simple effective swap like a Wicked Wheel for the 6.0 and the world will be at your feet.

(thinking while typing)
Say someone wanted to run a stock truck but swap to a non-VGT turbo what size could/should/would they run? running stock sticks and an SCT?

·
2,106 Posts
gonna stick with VGT here. Already have my upgrade figured out and will cost me a lot less than you non VGT guys.

·
775 Posts
VGT turbos are the future for turbos. The racing Audi's run VGT's and you will see more to come. I understand that the after market VGT's don't have the sticking vain problem. A good VGT turbo has a much wider powerband then a normal turbo. If you are going to only run wide open all the time, run a normal turbo. If your need power from down low to high, run a good VGT.:thumbsup

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
VGT turbos are the future for turbos. The racing Audi's run VGT's and you will see more to come. I understand that the after market VGT's don't have the sticking vain problem. A good VGT turbo has a much wider powerband then a normal turbo. If you are going to only run wide open all the time, run a normal turbo. If your need power from down low to high, run a good VGT.:thumbsup
thanks! would this be a good turbo for a truck like mine with slightly larger injectors but who isn't looking to make major power which equals mega bucks (trucks freaking already a rocketship)

·
I Wanna Go Fast!
4,006 Posts
gonna stick with VGT here. Already have my upgrade figured out and will cost me a lot less than you non VGT guys.
i agree in stock form sure but if you find a vgt that keeps the egts down and will run as good as a truck with same size sticks and a non vgt turbo let us know. :thumbsup:happymugs

·
2,106 Posts
I'll let you know as soon as I put it on. Gonna be a little while before I can afford that though. But I promise you it will perform. The way the truck runs in all situations is what's important to me, bot just race situation. Heavyhauler put it great in his post. yaint gonna sway me on this one.

BTW the truck is not in stock form, just haven't had a change to update sig. I wish I had that turbo already tho.

·
775 Posts
thanks! would this be a good turbo for a truck like mine with slightly larger injectors but who isn't looking to make major power which equals mega bucks (trucks freaking already a rocketship)
I would e-mail Eric at Innavative and ask him. He can tell you exactly what you need to know for your truck. I would say yes on that turbo and it would be good with a set of 150's or 180's max,but Eric can tell you for sure. He's the expert.:thumbsup

1 - 16 of 16 Posts