The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some help on a 01 dodge 2500 6speed its got stage 2 injectors from bd bigger pump from thedieselstore.com and a 150 fass system but couple days ago i been noticen that the truck been turnin over 5 or 6 seconds and hasnt started too and theres no black smoke drivin down the road and it seems like theres no power until you get into high RPM but i was sittin down and thinkin would the fuel pressure be low but we got the new pump bout 6 months or 7 but what do yall think there is no codes or nothin showing up and also would yall think a edge juice with attitude would help? i think it would anyway bc you can control the boost and the fuel flow bascally everythang but im open for suggestions or ideas :happymugs

·
1,189 Posts
I would look into finding out how much fuel pressure you have... but if your thinking of going with a juice then you would have all the gauges you need and know what you have for boost fuel egt etc. how long has the fass been on? Any bad fuel stops?

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
been on the same time as the pump bout 6 or 7 months and not bad enough that the truck want start

·
157 Posts
It seems like I've been saying this a lot in other threads, but have you bled the fuel system? Mine acted the exact same way when i had an air leak. Just a thought. Is the pump gurgling at all when you hit the key?

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tell ya the truth i dont hear nothin but the fass system but i can try prime it and see what happens but also too if you did have an air leak in the system wouldnt you dry the pump up?

·
4,827 Posts
Did you install the fuel pressure sender with the Juice/Attitude? What is the pressure, if you did?

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i havent hooked it up yet but im hopen i can tomorrow if i dont have to work

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i noticed that more and more that the truck wont start and the starter keeps on turnin and turnin and dad was sayin that there was pudle of somethang near middle of the truck and i was thinkin it would have to be fuel leak tho

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i started to hook it up last night i noticed that he had a fass system and the stock one was off but i just observen dont the fuel line have to be pressurized i felt it and it felt like there was just air in it and what could i do theres a 90degree elbow goin into the pump is there a way you can get like a Tcouplen and put the fuel pressure sensor in it and the fuel line in it too? just holler back if yall need a pic just holler and ill see what i can do

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ol ok i dont know ill try to put it at the pump and see's what happens tho but ill be sure to tell ya how it goes and the pressure and all but what would you set like the egt,boost and etc.

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i finally got it hook up the fuel pressure is 16 or 17 when started but when primin its 0 or 1 but everythang seems good so far

1 - 13 of 13 Posts