The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a used 2003 F250 that had an EDGE tuner in it an I do not know anything about them and what their capabilities are. Any help you guys could give a novice tuner guy would be appreciated.:thanks:

·
SIZE MATTERS
284 Posts
the web site can give u good info on them..just google edge programmer. it has a pdf file that goes through the capabilities ,installation, and different things they will do..i got the platinum edition and it works great.i love the heads up display most of all.good luck

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
The first thing I would do, is look at the box out under the hood... On it, you will find a small silver sticker with a number that starts with EJF followed by some numbers. This will help us help you as it will tell us whether you have a platinum or an older version...

·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found The Edge Products web site thanks to another thread. I called up their custumer service and they were able to get me to the right spot on their web site. I believe that I have the Older model due to the fact that my Module doesn't have near the cacpabilities as the EDGE Platinum. However the model that I have will do me just fine because the Platinum looked way over my head.

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
You are correct, you have the older version, like mine. That version is very simple to install/remove/use.

I must caution you though, levels 4 & 5 can kill your tranny if you intend to go stop light racing... Used in moderation, the power is very nice. Used to excess or with reckless abandon, you will need a big checkbook.....

·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the info because I don't have a big check book by any means. I will keep that in mind when I am thinking about showing off.

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
I rarely use anything but 2/5, so all I can comment on is it and that one nets me an additional 2 mpg..... Another guy in the club says he gets the best mileage on 3/3 and he's tried them all......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts