The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shrug: OK we bought a new injection pump from MWFI and installed it, bled the lines and no start with a check engine light on. It is getting fuel at the injectors and it is smoking out the pipe(grey). We can not get this thing to fire on its own. The timing on the old pump was a 45, and the key on the new one is a 35. What are we missing!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Greenbeast,

Do you have anyway of checking what codes are set? ... that might give you a clue as to what or what is not happing ... nearly sounds like timing to me ... but don't quote me on that :deal:

Kevin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Get your codes checked and get an idea as to what is going on, you could have a Cam sensor gone, APPS could be shot, or the pump you bought you bought came from a shadey place that may have rebuilt it but did not have the proper eqipment to reset the timing.
Keep us updated, Jim.

·
706 Posts
Maybe the old pump wasnt bad? Did it run before you swapped pumps or did it have the same symptoms?

·
Registered
4 Posts
As Green Beast was nice enough to help me out with my truck...I can tell you first hand that the old pump was bad. Unfortunately, the new pump is now fried...oh joy! I've had nothing but problems since we hooked up my Edge comp box

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, the new pump key got put in wrong,not lined up, snd that was that problem fixed. It ran for a day then after idling in the drive way it ate the new punp!! we have been checking the pressure from the holly pump and it was 25psi across the board.:shrug:

·
Registered
88 Posts
how can you confirm it ate the new pump? what happened when it died and what codes were set?

Are you sure you're not pumping 9sucking) air into the system from behind the Holley?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update on the ol' black dodge...after replacing the lp (stock and Holley) and the ip, and the truck still dogged out...drained the fuel tank and came to find that sugar, sand, vinegar, and other substances had been poured into my fuel system...:nunu: ~heavy sigh~ It is now up and running with a locking fuel cap. Yay!

:thanks: Everyone for the input, I really appreciate it:Thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Glad you got it all up and running again ... :Thumbup:

you must live in a wonderful neigborhood :mafia

Kevin

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
lildevil said:
drained the fuel tank and came to find that sugar, sand, vinegar, and other substances had been poured into my fuel system...:nunu: ~heavy sigh~

I would be head hunting the :snipersmilie: the person responsible!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
i second that motion!
some people got nothin better to do than ruin things that people earned and worked hard for, i just dont get it:shrug:

wes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts