The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anybody here post what kind of injection timing numbers that they are using? I guess more specifically, the start of injection timing in degrees BTDC at what RPM. I'm curious as to what amount of advance these high HP engines need and can tolerate.

Along those same lines, what boost pressures are common?

·
Diesel Pro
899 Posts
It all depends on what your running for mods and if yuor running fuel only or nitrous. If your running nitrous you dont run very much timing at all.

As far as boost If your running waste gates and nitrous anywhere from 60-90lbs and no waste gates you can get up to 140lbs of boost.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was mainly interested in what modified but still steetable engines are running. For example, as a starting point, what is the max timing for a stock Dodge/Cummins (common rail) or a Duramax? At what boost (factory setting)? And from there, the same engines, but modified to the 500 -600 HP level. Diesel only, no nitrous.

·
Diesel Pro
899 Posts
Mine is about 500 hp right and Im only running 17.5* I should be running 22* but dont have the air I need yet. But that is on a 12V I dont know about CR's or Duracraps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts