The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's everyone's opinion on injector pump rebuild vs a new replacement? Other than the obvious that new is generally better. We are talking about a 17 year old kid having to afford the repair. I have the ability and skill to do a rebuild so that shouldn't be a problem. Just as far as the expense of the new vs a rebuild kit is it reliable enough to do a rebuild instead of an expensive new replacement?? And can you reccomend which rebuild kit is the leading choice of most?? Thanks for any input on the subject. Nick

·
93 Posts
I have had two injector pump rebuilds. They seem to work as good as new. Cost about $350. for a rebuild. Recommend fresh injectors with the pump rebuild but I have done it both ways, fresh injctors and keeping the old injectors in place. If you injectors are good without question, then you could probably just leave the injectors in place. The rebuild shop can test the injectors and give you advice whether to keep or change. I used Advance Diesel in Huntsville, AL. No complaints as to quality or timeliness of service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts