The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 1996 powerstroke and he is getting the tranny built now, a TS 6 position chip, and wants to get injectors. He is looking at the DDP 100 horse injectors. If he gets these is their any other mods he will need to do? He is also gonna get gauges. Thanks for any help!

·
2,509 Posts
do you have a link for those injectors so we can see what they are?
most of the injector builders rate injectors in cc's and type, not in HP. so depending on what stile of injectors they are could make a differance in what he will have to do to support them.

Reactions: JSL1990

·
812 Posts

·
812 Posts
i think DDP makes some good injectors, but there price is a little steep

·
2,509 Posts
I agree^^

start a thread in the vendors forum and tell them what your buddy has done to his truck and what he plans on doing to it. there are several venderors on here that sell 7.3 injectors aany of them can do a good job of of setting him up with what he needs:thumbsup

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well he already ordered them and stuff so i guess we will see what happens. I agree that they are very expensive but hopefully they hold out for him and give him the results that he wants.

·
2,509 Posts
well as stated above they should be a good quality set of injectors, he should be fine.
if he dosent tow anything he should be able to get buy with just a custom tuned chip, and gauges.
if he wants to tow a trailer much he needs to get a intercooler.
he will be pushing his turbo, fuel system, and and HPOP all close to the limit so upgrading them would also help but that stuff isn't absolutely necessary if he dosent have the funds for them right now.

let us know how he gets along with those injectors :thumbsup

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright thanks. Yeah he doesnt do much towing at all, its just more of a fun toy/daily driver. Im a dodge guy so i dont know a whole lot about these trucks. HPOP?

·
812 Posts
high pressure oil pump

1 - 11 of 11 Posts