The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to do injectors.....which ones should I get......New or Reman? Split or single? Stage I or stage II? and who has the best injectors?

·
6,337 Posts
Why do you have to do inj?
What are your HP goals, and what do you do with your truck...tow, play, DD, work?

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My fuel dilution went from 1.5% to 5%. Mostly all work/DD and some play. I would like some increase but nothing to big.

·
6,337 Posts
180's are good, I agree.
Fuel dilution doesn't mean your injectors are bad. Did you change your driving habits during that oil change cycle...alot of idling time, stop and go traffic...Could just be bad o-rings or bad copper. But if you want to use that as an excuse to do inj., then by all means go ahead. LOL

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
20mm of fuel is noticeable.. they were rated @ 200 in 99 and 235 or 245 in 00` right? Dont quote me because its been a long time since I drove a 7.3.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks for the compliment Josh. . .your check is in the mail for that pitch LOL .

Actually, the intensifier pistion on the AD's is 29.1mm long while the intensifier piston on the AB's is 29.7 long. Since the plungers and intensifier pistons on both sets of injectors is the same diameter (6mm plunger od and 16mm intensifier piston od), the length of the intensifier piston is the driving force to determine the maximum displacement of the injector. With mild tuning they may perform the same, but when you empty the injectors, the AB's will always fall short of the AD's. Too bad the P&B's are different and it's not that easy to upgrad AB's to AD's. . .guess someone can thank Navistar for that one!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Power rating didn't change between inj changes. They bumped up the power rating in the 03's with programming changes

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
http://f150online.com/fordnews/view.cfm?nnum=77

For 2001, the Super Duty F-350 DRW equipped with the 7.3L Power Stroke® turbo diesel engine will boast 11,500 GVWR - the highest of any full-size pickup truck in the class. In addition, the 7.3L Power Stroke® turbo diesel engine gets even more horsepower and torque this year.

The 7.3L Power Stroke® turbo diesel V-8 produces 250 horsepower (15 more than last year) and 505 lb.-ft. of torque with the automatic transmission, and 275 horsepower and 520 lb.-ft. of torque when joined to a manual transmission

·
Registered
596 Posts
My 01 was factory rated at 250hp. The difference is noticeable with good programing between AB and AD codes, but it doesn't matter cause you wouldn't want to go back with split-shots if you are going to put in new injectors.

I wouldn't bother with Remans. You can get stock new AC's code injectors for around 185-200 a piece fairly easily so it's really not worth buying remans. For a bit more money you could get some 180cc injectors or do small hybrids.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When I get new injectors, do I need one injector to be longer?

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CSIPSD said:
180's are good, I agree.
Fuel dilution doesn't mean your injectors are bad. Did you change your driving habits during that oil change cycle...alot of idling time, stop and go traffic...Could just be bad o-rings or bad copper. But if you want to use that as an excuse to do inj., then by all means go ahead. LOL

I did change my driving habbit it is all highway miles and only 100, the oil level kept going up. The truck has 252,000 on it so it is prolly time, and it is a good excuse.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BogginF350 said:
is your truck a early 99 with the singles aready or does it have splits?

Late 99

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Are you sure there isnt a O ring leaking? And yes, you can use a long lead injector for number 8. They say it takes the flutter out of the exhaust.And the engine cackle. It injects more fuel on the inital split. They say this is caused by the number 8 injector following the number 6 in the firing order which are right next to one another on the same bank and the number 8 can a have a underfueling condition from its neighbor just firing. I have heard that the long lead injector can cause a false weak cylinder on a contribution test? But either way.. they will both work..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts