The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wonderin what everybodys opinion on injectors for my 94 would benifit me the most i have 370's but i didnt know if there are better ones out there

·
Registered
86 Posts
there are lots o better ones out there, just depends what you're willing to spend. I know alot of guys love DDP 4's. I myself just bought a set of custom cut 5x16's, so it's just what kind of money you have.

·
4,827 Posts
Had 370s. Went to DDP4's. MUCH better injector.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I have DDP3s and really like them.

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can anyone give me a price of the ddp4's? and also i have stock dv's so my 370's really like to shake at lower rpms because my truck is 5speed i have to keep my rpms up pretty high so they dont sputter.....thanks

·
4,827 Posts
Got mine on sale, but, IIRC, the 4's are ~$800. Got mine for $600, brand new from DDP. You should still get a set of 181 delivery valves, though.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Yeah I think DDP sets a kind of universal price at $900 so any less is a deal from the dealer. The DDp#'s are good for up to 800HP (I know someone in that range usuing them) and are more streetable. But the 4's do have more power.

You might have stubbling problems w/o bigger delivery valves. Unfortunately mickey just stopped making his or I'd say talk to him but a set of 181's from someone whos upgrading or 191s from a dealer will help.

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i had planed on getting the dv's and gov springs before i swaped injectors, i was just kinda curious on what injectors are out for my truck. Got one more question why should i get 181's? Are they better than 191's? Also theres a guy that my friend knows that will cut my stock ones for $100, is that good?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
191s will flow more fuel then 181s but there will be more smoke. I'd get the 191s myself, but You might be able to find some one w/ 181s who's upgrading (like me) and buy theirs cheap.

$100 is a good deal but make sure you know what you're getting. Laser cuts have extreme smoke. For a stock turbo I wouldn't go that big.

Nice truck by the way, very sharp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts